News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 19, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
Languish! I am dying of the consumption- I just coughed up bloody plhegm, and run an alarming fever. It started last night, with massive headaches, a runny nose, dizziness, and vomiting repeatedly as the climax of the evening.

I wish illness was more akin to the victorian ideal in which I gradually got paler and less energetic as I wasted away in a dimly lit room :(

I went away from my computer for the weekend, and left the crystal fortress; it seems this is the penance I pay

I am fond of a lot of you, languish, and would sooner not waste away before I can visit the sacred isles. I kind of enjoy this dreadful fever, though. Delerium is romantic! It flushes the cheeks so- it is utterly regrettable I am not a slender maiden reduced to gasping breaths on a bed as my dearest but strictly platonic maiden friend dabbed me with a wet cloth

isn't it sad, languish ;-;

You aren't eating glass so you'll know what it's like to have TB are you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on February 19, 2012, 06:18:30 PM
You aren't eating glass so you'll know what it's like to have TB are you?

lol, that's awesome

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2012, 03:26:20 PM
it is utterly regrettable I am not a slender maiden reduced to gasping breaths on a bed as my dearest but strictly platonic maiden friend dabbed me with a wet cloth

:thumbsdown:

:lol: Have things changed so much from back in the day that now teenage males fantasize about platonic relationships?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Larch

Quote from: alfred russel on February 19, 2012, 07:15:31 PM
it is utterly regrettable I am not a slender maiden reduced to gasping breaths on a bed as my dearest but strictly platonic maiden friend dabbed me with a wet cloth

:lol: Have things changed so much from back in the day that now teenage males fantasize about platonic relationships?

No, it's just Lettow. He's weird, you know.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: alfred russel on February 19, 2012, 07:15:31 PM

He's just aping the really pathetic otaku of Japan.
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

It's no good to have love defiled by sexuality. It is ideal for women not to feel sexual impulses, but of course this is only an ideal. More practically, they should suppress them, and make no outward display of sexual enjoyment or feeling.

It is more acceptable for men to display sexual feeling, and it should typically be the man thrusting himself upon a woman who submits without her desire of it being an issue; but ideally, I would think the man wouldn't want to either. As a compromise, he should at least feel deeply ashamed. Sexuality is an aspect of the defiled world, etc, etc.

But languish! My fever broke, although I still feel awful! I am much more in possession of my faculties. An admirable stand-in for a pure maiden was my gallant roommate, the flower of our generation, a gallant boy of comely appearance and manly bearing, who looked upon me with concern and brought me something to drink, enjoining me to get sufficient rest. He later brought me a gift of dried fruit :3  It was no rice gruel, but I pawed lovingly and meowed at him anyway.

Moreover, my beautiful and esteemed river city, which I paid such a dreadful blood-price to visit once more, has proved to me that it remains the cultural mecca it ever was, where the aesthete wants for nothing. Behold, the cutting edge of culture!

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Zoupa

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on February 19, 2012, 08:03:12 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 19, 2012, 07:25:14 PM
No, it's just Lettow. He's weird, you know.

You don't say!

No, I'm weird.  Lettow seems to have come from a different planet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

SON OF A

QuoteLOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Jennifer Aniston had her naked boobs pulled from her new movie "Wanderlust," putting a last-minute kibosh on a frontal topless scene out of consideration for her boyfriend and "Wanderlust" co-star, Justin Theroux, an insider tells TheWrap.

The former "Friends" star demanded that the topless scene from the Judd Apatow-produced film, which hits theaters February 24, be replaced with a tamer version, an individual with knowledge of the movie told TheWrap.

A spokeswoman for Universal, which is releasing the movie, said: "The scene was shot a bunch of different ways, and we have the best possible version." (Which isn't exactly a denial.)

Aniston's publicist, Stephen Huvane, denies that the scene was altered at the actress' behest. "The scene is how it was always supposed to be," Huvane told TheWrap.

The scene in question features Aniston going topless in front of TV news cameras. In the version that will be included in the film, Aniston will be seen topless from behind, with her bare breasts shown pixelated on TV screens, as they would appear on a TV news broadcast.

But the movie insider who spoke to TheWrap said that when the film was edited with the frontal nudity in it, Aniston pleaded for an alternate version due to her blossoming relationship with Theroux, whom she met on the set of the film. (The two are now cohabitating.)

The 43-year-old actress, it seems, decided it just wouldn't be right to share her naked breasts with anyone except her new beau.

In the film, Aniston and Paul Rudd play a Manhattan couple who suddenly become unemployed and seek an alternative living situation, ultimately landing on a rural, free-love commune. Theroux, 40, plays commune inhabitant Seth.

Aniston performed a brief, semi-topless scene -- though her breasts were concealed by an open lab coat -- in her recent comedy "Horrible Bosses."

The actress has also displayed a penchant for skin-happy photo-shoots on the pages of magazines such as "Rolling Stone" and "GQ." (Her most recent appearance in the latter, for its March 2012 issue, features Aniston posing in little more than a black bra with her co-star Rudd.)

Perhaps those hoping for a glimpse of Aniston's flesh would be better off heading to the newsstand instead of the movie theater.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 01:51:39 AM
SON OF A

QuoteLOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Jennifer Aniston had her naked boobs pulled from her new movie "Wanderlust," putting a last-minute kibosh on .

That's bullllshit
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on February 19, 2012, 03:06:05 AM
They said my emails to clients are too lengthy, and I need to work in being concise. They are making me meet with some of their business majors next week to discuss business writing. <_<

Listen to them. :P

But I don't think it's that complicated as needing consultation. Just make sure to stick to the particular point you want to make, with strictly the details the addressed is concerned with, and that's it.

Josquius

A thought which struck me today: meercats. Why is it only the past decade their cuteness has become known and appreciated?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2012, 08:01:43 AM
A thought which struck me today: meercats. Why is it only the past decade their cuteness has become known and appreciated?
The Lion King?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point