News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Ideologue

Today has kinda sucked.  Got hit in the mouth with a dishrack by my retard coworker (he's likeable enough, at one point he was doing my job, but everyone talks shit about him to me and since I've started, he's basically been demoted), burned myself, cut myself on a catering tray top (why the fuck are they sharp? why do salad trays need to be made of metal in the first place? you don't need to reflect the blackbody back into the storage unit for cold items, Jesus), and on my way home got a seatbelt ticket that obviated 80% of the morning's work.

On the plus side Saturday will be largely time and a half.  WOOOOO.

Can't flee this place fast enough.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Start wearing your seatbelt, cool guy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2012, 04:46:04 PM
Start wearing your seatbelt, cool guy.

Violation of my constitutional rights Ron Paul gold etc.

I just forget a lot.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

It isn't very hard if you make it a habit.  Actually my car beeps if you don't fasten it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

You got pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

No sympathy for the seat belt Starsky.

lustindarkness

I find it stupid that there is a law regarding seatbelts. I also find it stupid that people don't wear them.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 16, 2012, 04:53:42 PM

Don't blame him, old habits are hard to break for Ide.  Seat belt gets in the way when you're trying to rabbit from the cops.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 16, 2012, 04:28:57 AM
Katmai is being screwed by Big Hollywood.  :(

http://community.adn.com/?q=adn/node/159786

But i've worked on 1/3 of those mentioned in article :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

OK who said "I think the true measure of freedom, is what you're prepared to give up for your fellow man." or something along those lines
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

I'm pretty sure you just did...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on February 16, 2012, 08:52:01 PM
I'm pretty sure you just did...

I know that, but I'm assuming it's a piss-poor paraphrasing of something someone else said.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 16, 2012, 05:09:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 16, 2012, 04:53:42 PM

Don't blame him, old habits are hard to break for Ide.  Seat belt gets in the way when you're trying to rabbit from the cops.

I'M EITHER GOING HOME, OR I'M GOING TO THE MORGUE, COPPER.
Kinemalogue

Tonitrus