News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

You may recall that Germans don't function well in winter. See: Moscow '41, Stalingrad '42, Ardennes '44 etc.

General rule when at war with Germans: wait for winter, launch offensive. Rinse, repeat.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on February 11, 2012, 03:59:32 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 11, 2012, 02:43:22 AM
It's -12°C plus windchills outside. And I have to do my weekend shopping. Ugh.

How the fuck did you Germans almost conquer the continent when whining this much :rolleyes:

They stopped conquering the continent when it started snowing outside Moscow.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Just saw that megaupload was seized by US government. About time seeing as how that was mostly a pirate infested thing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2012, 12:49:15 PM
Just saw that megaupload was seized by US government. About time seeing as how that was mostly a pirate infested thing.

Yeah that happened last month I think.  The guy who ran it was already convicted of crimes embezzlement in Germany.  He making money hand over fist from this piracy operation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on February 11, 2012, 12:49:15 PM

If it wasn't for the fact that it was also the best host for, as an example, Total War mods I might agree with you.

MegaUpload's download speed for free users is the reason it is much missed among both the pirate and non-pirate communities. :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

Some conceited guy's cover letter to Wall Street firms: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tenacious-summer-analyst-applicant-got-laughed-at-by-everyone-else-on-wall-street.html

Is it just me, or does this story make Wall Street look back, rather than the guy applying for a job?

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on February 11, 2012, 01:35:10 PM
Some conceited guy's cover letter to Wall Street firms: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tenacious-summer-analyst-applicant-got-laughed-at-by-everyone-else-on-wall-street.html

Is it just me, or does this story make Wall Street look back, rather than the guy applying for a job?

I don't think we need a slightly oddly worded covering letter from a keen student, to know that Wall Street has more than its fair share of arseholes.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on February 11, 2012, 04:00:30 AM
You may recall that Germans don't function well in winter. See: Moscow '41, Stalingrad '42, Ardennes '44 etc.

General rule when at war with Germans: wait for winter, launch offensive. Rinse, repeat.

Paulus: whiner.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 11, 2012, 02:37:20 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 11, 2012, 04:00:30 AM

Paulus: whiner.

lol, SLACKER

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on February 11, 2012, 01:35:10 PM

I don't get it. Why did the letter get so much attention?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on February 11, 2012, 07:04:35 PM
I don't get it. Why did the letter get so much attention?

Good RNG (or bad depending on your perspective).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Girls are crazy, no.51512:

Met up with a friend of mine this weekend. When I saw her I noticed that she was wearing glasses; nothing weird about that, she usually wears contacts but I have seen her in glasses before....But....something was wrong....I later caught a glance of her from a side angle and it clicked- there was no glass in the glasses. She was wearing those trendy hipstery lensless glasses despite having contacts in behind them. WTF.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on February 12, 2012, 04:07:26 AM
Girls are crazy, no.51512:

Met up with a friend of mine this weekend. When I saw her I noticed that she was wearing glasses; nothing weird about that, she usually wears contacts but I have seen her in glasses before....But....something was wrong....I later caught a glance of her from a side angle and it clicked- there was no glass in the glasses. She was wearing those trendy hipstery lensless glasses despite having contacts in behind them. WTF.

I'm glad I wasn't there.  On the behalf of the severe near-sighted, I would've punched her in her face.  After all, no glass to worry about shattering.