Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2012, 02:00:20 AM
Quote from: sbr on February 08, 2012, 10:30:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 08, 2012, 10:15:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2012, 02:01:33 PM
I thought it was pretty miraculous the way the Japanese soap friend lathered up my body with her pussy.
Whores are icky

I don't want to go somewhere a hundred other men have been before.
OK, Siege.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

I love it when I look at a criminal record and the last conviction has a sentence of "Indeterminate period as a dangerous offender". :menace:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on February 09, 2012, 01:55:53 PM
I love it when I look at a criminal record and the last conviction has a sentence of "Indeterminate period as a dangerous offender". :menace:

So what does that mean? Guy can be kept in prison indefinately?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on February 09, 2012, 02:28:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 09, 2012, 01:55:53 PM

So what does that mean? Guy can be kept in prison indefinately?

Yes. :menace:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on February 09, 2012, 02:51:31 PM
Is that rare?

Yes. :(

It means someone has been found to be a Dangerous Offender, which is a very long and difficult process to prove.  The test is whether someone can be safely managed in the community.  However once someone has been found to be a DO they can be kept in custody "indefinitely".

Ideologue

Why don't you just kill them, then, instead of dragging it out with suffering that doesn't meet the legal, but does meet the ethical, definition of torture?

Oh, right, the death penalty is bad because life is sacred it has to be preserved even if it's awful. :rolleyes:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 09, 2012, 03:15:42 PM
Why don't you just kill them, then, instead of dragging it out with suffering that doesn't meet the legal, but does meet the ethical, definition of torture?

Oh, right, the death penalty is bad because life is sacred it has to be preserved even if it's awful. :rolleyes:

You have to remember, he's in Canada;  "indefinitely" can be defined as 4-6 years.  Kinda like California.

Ideologue

Gaol is still bad for the soul.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on February 09, 2012, 03:28:39 PM
Gaol is still bad for the soul.

Never, ever doubt in the healing power of gaol. :mad:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2012, 03:22:19 PM

You have to remember, he's in Canada;  "indefinitely" can be defined as 4-6 years.  Kinda like California.
Bernardo is still in jail.  You'd like him.  He's like you, only with white schoolgirls.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2012, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2012, 03:22:19 PM

Bernardo is still in jail.  You'd like him.  He's like you, only with white schoolgirls.

Bernardo though has got an actual life sentence.

For some reason I like the sounds of an "indefinite" sentence more.   :menace:

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on February 09, 2012, 04:34:00 PMBernardo though has got an actual life sentence.

For some reason I like the sounds of an "indefinite" sentence more.   :menace:

But fucking Homolka is out already, isn't she?