News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2012, 04:25:05 AM
I notice there's an American Diner in my general vicinity. As Pittsburgh fan, I found their banner amusing.

He raped that burger, you know.  Undisclosed settlement.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2012, 07:04:43 AM
Quote from: Brazen on January 27, 2012, 05:06:33 AM
Hey Mart, there are "Visit Poland" posters on the Tube at the moment. One says, "Visit a city you've never heard of," with a captioned picture of Warsaw  :lol: Now, I know Brits have a reputation for geographical ignorance, but that's just ridiculous  :D

A few years ago we had Romanian ones:
"Travel back to the Middle Ages!"

:XD:

:XD:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2012, 08:07:54 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on January 28, 2012, 08:03:35 AM
We're in a golden age :o

The golden age of men's tennis was the 80s: Borg, Edberg, Lendl, Becker, McEnroe, Connors, Leconte, Noah, Agassi, . . .

http://80s-tennis.com/pages/topten.html
No doubt.  I wasn't able to see that though :(

I remember the Sampras Dominance which was generally pretty dull.  I think the Nadal-Federer-Djokovic-Murray top 4 is one of the best though and there've been some incredible matches.  It's been a great time to be a tennis fan.
Let's bomb Russia!

Iormlund

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 27, 2012, 09:40:03 PM
If we are posting things for Tim's benefit, I made this  :blush:

Things to note: West Africa, Algeria, Quebec, New Caledonia, Occitania, Brittany, France and Lebanon are all members of the Francophone Union, which is to the West what the Co-Prosperity Sphere of Japan, Mengkukuo, Manchukuo, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines is to the orient.

What the fuck? Why am I in what I guess is Greater Euskadi?

Admiral Yi

According to Time, 1/3 of the patients in US burn units got there from cooking meth.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 28, 2012, 02:01:40 PM
According to Time, 1/3 of the patients in US burn units got there from cooking meth.

:huh:  Horrid.  I remember hearing an interview with the chief dentist of the Minnesota prison system, and he said that his dental budget for the year is now wiped out in about six weeks due to the influx of meth-heads and their dental issues.  The high recidivism rate isn't helping either.  Terrible stuff.  People need to stick to pot and mushrooms. 
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

PDH

Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 28, 2012, 02:31:22 PM
:huh:  Horrid.  I remember hearing an interview with the chief dentist of the Minnesota prison system, and he said that his dental budget for the year is now wiped out in about six weeks due to the influx of meth-heads and their dental issues.  The high recidivism rate isn't helping either.  Terrible stuff.  People need to stick to pot and mushrooms.

I remember when going natural was the good thing to do.  Now Wyoming is one of the "trailers blowing up" states.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

There must be something fundamentally wrong with my life I'm spending Saturday night doing my brothers business accounts.   :hmm:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on January 28, 2012, 05:49:11 PM
There must be something fundamentally wrong with my life I'm spending Saturday night doing my brothers business accounts.   :hmm:

So what you're telling us is that you're not your brother's bookkeeper.  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 28, 2012, 06:34:28 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 28, 2012, 05:49:11 PM

So what you're telling us is that you're not your brother's bookkeeper.  :hmm:

:D

Zing. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

This new look is going to take me some getting used to. I'm so used to another look that at first I thought I was on the wrong site.  :D
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Syt on January 28, 2012, 08:04:03 AM
They specialize in burgers, though the variety isn't too hot IMO, so not sure if I'll ever try them or just go to TGIF.

Do you have: the big hunger?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Moneyball is an alright flick.

Admiral Yi

Just read in my brand new, DISCOUNTED Economist that it's common in China for stressed out people to take out their tensions by crushing packets of instant noodles in the supermarket.  :D

FunkMonk

I seriously want to bone my history prof.  I could listen to her lectures all day. :wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.