News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on January 02, 2012, 07:33:09 PM
What does Greece need with tanks, other than, as Neil said, rolling over protesters? They planning on going to war soon?
Well, there are the Turks.  The Greeks can wage aggressive war to make some of their domestic problems go away, and because the Turks are ruled by the equivalent of Fidezs, or whoever those Hungarian fucks are, nobody will mind.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Why do some people put this in their ebay listings:

No scammers please

Does it work, are there scammers out there who see the auction and think, "damn I would have tried to pull a fast one against them, but double damn they have That sign up, so I can't do anything about it.  :mad: "  ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2012, 07:03:41 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 02, 2012, 07:01:31 PM
Why doesn't Greece just take all the tanks, then sell them?  :hmm:

If there were customers for used tanks that were acceptable to the US, the US probably would have already sold them.

Yeah?  I can beat Greece's offer.

OCCUPY AL BUSAYYAH.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Somehow I don't think Greece and Turkey are going to war anytime soon.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

*sigh*
Its always the way with me.
Over the new year I clicked like hell with this girl...who is leaving the country in 6 months.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2012, 04:39:50 AM
*sigh*
Over the new year I clicked like hell with this girl...who is leaving the country in 6 months.

Awwww.
Think of it this way, it's sounds like an adorably shitty movie.

The Brain

*sigh*

It will show sooner than that.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Pretty good.  :D

I don't know if this classic can ever be topped though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSeJr8rLEy8
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

What can cause a power trip?
I was just lying in the bath listening to a podcast and suddenly it went off :s
All trips in the past have been down to using new stuff which was wired badly.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2012, 05:46:33 AM
*sigh*

Awwww.
Think of it this way, it's sounds like an adorably shitty movie.
More a long running shitty series. <_<
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2012, 06:36:10 AM
What can cause a power trip?
I could figure this out by context, but normally this means something completely different.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

*sigh*

Six months is a pretty long time for some fun.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi