News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2011, 12:49:34 PMI went to a Mexican joint in Amsterdam and saw a couple sipping straight tequila.  Do folks in your neck of the woods understand you're supposed to schlamn it down?

People do the lemon (lime?) and salt thing, yeah.

I don't like tequila (except in cocktails). The smell makes me retch.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 12:53:27 PM
Quote from: LarchThat's a retarded way of looking at one's diet.

And yet, I am relatively healthy.  As long as I keep to discipline and maintain essential nutrient supplements--which I would have to do whether I ate candy or ate rice--I should be fine.  Or as fine as you expect a human aging to be.

If you had a balanced diet you shouldn't have to take any supplements at all. Taking them is admitting that your diet isn't balanced.

Ideologue

Of course it's not balanced.  I don't eat meat.  The supplement balances it for me.  I can't regulate my body temperature in freezing weather without a coat, either.  Stop hating science.

Now, if I didn't take a supplement, I'd probably be anemic.  (Or have to eat lots more broccoli, a dubious exchange.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 01:02:17 PM
Of course it's not balanced.  I don't eat meat.  The supplement balances it for me.  I can't regulate my body temperature in freezing weather without a coat, either.  Stop hating science.

Now, if I didn't take a supplement, I'd probably be anemic.  (Or have to eat lots more broccoli, a dubious exchange.)

Nor do you eat any kind of fruit or fresh vegetables, looking at the list you previously wrote. And chewable vitamins (wtf?) is not a food group.

Ideologue

Chewable vitamins are delicious.

I eat bananas sometimes.  It wasn't meant to be an entirely exhaustive list.

You did remind me to buy some apple juice with vitamin C though next time I'm at the store. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Eat more Grapples.

Go look it up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Fascinating.  Probably reasonably tasty.

You know, I should write a diet book.  I bet it would sell.

I can put "J.D." after my name and the dumb people who would buy it would probably think it's some sort of medical credential too.
Kinemalogue

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 01:02:17 PM
Now, if I didn't take a supplement, I'd probably be anemic.

How do you know you aren't?  When's the last time you went to the doctor?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 01:15:41 PM
Fascinating.  Probably reasonably tasty.

You know, I should write a diet book.  I bet it would sell.

I can put "J.D." after my name and the dumb people who would buy it would probably think it's some sort of medical credential too.

Grapples are nasty.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Yes, we all know that Ide isn't healthy, and that his diet is a result of mental illness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: HabHow do you know you aren't?

I guess I could.  But my overall iron intake is above RDA.
Kinemalogue

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on December 30, 2011, 12:06:15 PM
I love how my eating habits has become a cause celebre. ^_^

Al: I expressed shock that people thought every day was not so much normal as desirable, and that blowing up public toilets was equivalent to enjoying the solitude of one's own facilities.  I must shit in secret.

Larch: if candy isn't real food, why is it one of the better buys from a calorie/dollar standpoint?  Further, I do eat things other than candy.  Spaghetti, pizza, rice, potato chips, corn chips, other shaped corn products, cashews, fried vegetables of various stripes, chewable vitamins, toast, hummus, shrimp, scallops, pepperoncinis out of the storage bin, and apparently some kind of potato dish that involves pepper and some sort of unidentified marinade.  As you can see, it's a highly varied diet.

The problem with this is if you eat too much corn based products, you'll be getting some fairly substandard nutrition out of it, compared with other grains.

Indeed irrc there's some disaese you can develop from relying too much on corn, as it typically as such poor protein content compared to most other grains. Sometimes its as low as around 3g/100g, perhaps a third or a quarter of what wheat flour has.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Larch on December 30, 2011, 01:05:09 PM
Nor do you eat any kind of fruit or fresh vegetables, looking at the list you previously wrote. And chewable vitamins (wtf?) is not a food group.

What's wrong with frozen vegetables? :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

The vitamin sprites get cold and fly away.

I mean, apparently.  You people use some real magical thinking when it comes to food.
Kinemalogue