And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 10:28:43 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 29, 2011, 10:26:51 PM
Plates full of potatoes can be saved for later, presumably.  If that wasn't an option, then I withdraw my objection over your declining the offer.  :smarty:

I didn't decline!  What's left is in my fridge!  I'm really sorry I brought it up and I'm an ungrateful bastard!  Let's talk about something else now!

Tell me about your mother.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Restaurant food's one of the perks of the job :o

Are you vegetarian? :(
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 10:21:20 PM
Argh.  Because I didn't want a plate full of potatoes right now.  I wanted five or six Reese's cups and to skinny up for my next true meal.  Like spaghetti, or those two giant bars of Hershey's dark chocolate I have left from Christmas.

You're aware that candy is not real food, right? Do you survive on sugar alone? Between this and your previous comments about your soda consumption I have the feeling that your nutrition might be totally out of whack.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on December 30, 2011, 03:03:25 AM
What kind of potatoes?

And will you reheat them via stove, oven, or microwave?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 30, 2011, 04:12:20 AM
While I don't begrudge Ide for his vegetarianism (and have limited my meat intake as well), it's particularly unfortunate that he's a vegetarian who works in a Greek restaurant.  Souvlaki :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on December 30, 2011, 04:55:21 AM
You're aware that candy is not real food, right? Do you survive on sugar alone? Between this and your previous comments about your soda consumption I have the feeling that your nutrition might be totally out of whack.
Ide is pretty thin, so he must be doing something right.  Of course, he could also be a thin guy who is on the verge of diabetes, I guess... :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I had the best bowel movement in a month. I FEEL BETTER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on December 30, 2011, 07:47:51 AM
Ide is pretty thin, so he must be doing something right.  Of course, he could also be a thin guy who is on the verge of diabetes, I guess... :hmm:

Being thin =/= being healthy

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on December 30, 2011, 08:49:12 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 30, 2011, 07:47:51 AM

Being thin =/= being healthy
:yes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 10:21:20 PM
Argh.  Because I didn't want a plate full of potatoes right now.  I wanted five or six Reese's cups and to skinny up for my next true meal.  Like spaghetti, or those two giant bars of Hershey's dark chocolate I have left from Christmas.

Didn't he also express shock that people have bowel movements more often than once every three days?  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

They recorded one of the routes I drive and aired it on national tv. http://www.dr.dk/nu/player/#/paa-skinner/26641

This is TV I don't understand.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on December 30, 2011, 07:47:01 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 30, 2011, 04:12:20 AM
While I don't begrudge Ide for his vegetarianism (and have limited my meat intake as well), it's particularly unfortunate that he's a vegetarian who works in a Greek restaurant.  Souvlaki :mmm:

I was treated to souvlaki for the first time by a friend of mine when I was visiting Buffalo this past spring.  Now I actually make a point to look for Greek restaurants around here  :mmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

I'm getting my Greek food from some Palestinians at the mall food court.  The chicks are all scarved up, even the little one.  I thought Muslims women didn't scarf up until they hit puberty or something.

Ideologue

I love how my eating habits has become a cause celebre. ^_^

Al: I expressed shock that people thought every day was not so much normal as desirable, and that blowing up public toilets was equivalent to enjoying the solitude of one's own facilities.  I must shit in secret.

Larch: if candy isn't real food, why is it one of the better buys from a calorie/dollar standpoint?  Further, I do eat things other than candy.  Spaghetti, pizza, rice, potato chips, corn chips, other shaped corn products, cashews, fried vegetables of various stripes, chewable vitamins, toast, hummus, shrimp, scallops, pepperoncinis out of the storage bin, and apparently some kind of potato dish that involves pepper and some sort of unidentified marinade.  As you can see, it's a highly varied diet.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)