News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Got to give it to the Australians, props for keeping the side up, even their chess players look, well .. Australian:

QuoteIM Alex Wohl, one of the strongest Australian players

whereas everyone else looks like a chess player:

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=5631

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Boss Greek #1 would not let me leave tonight without taking something to eat.  DUDE I JUST WANT TO GO HOME AND EAT MY REESE'S CUPS STOP FOISTING POTATOES ON ME.  It's like working for my fucking mom.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 09:38:46 PM
Boss Greek #1 would not let me leave tonight without taking something to eat.  DUDE I JUST WANT TO GO HOME AND EAT MY REESE'S CUPS STOP FOISTING POTATOES ON ME.  It's like working for my fucking mom.

Many Southern Europeans males are like that with food, it's rude not to accept.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

Why would you turn down food in the first place?  :huh:

No wonder you're poor.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Fill it with peanut butter, and he will take it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: MongersMany Southern Europeans males are like that with food, it's rude not to accept.

I figured.  I took it, thanked him, etc.  It's still annoying.  At least I think I finally managed to convince him that I don't eat meat.  I've only mentioned it about six times and he looked less bewildered this time.

Quote from: HabbakuWhy would you turn down food in the first place?  :huh:

No wonder you're poor.

Whatever, dude.  I can afford to eat what I wish.  I don't know what I did to you, but think you want me to be so poor I have no choice but to accept table scraps from my employer.  WTF?

Anyway, of course I didn't turn it down, though, I just didn't want specifically that.  Also, it's an "off" day, where I don't eat much because I'm not hungry, because I ate a large pizza yesterday.

AS IT TURNS OUT, though, the potatoes are just fine. :blurgh:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 10:08:10 PM
Whatever, dude.  I can afford to eat what I wish.  I don't know what I did to you, but think you want me to be so poor I have no choice but to accept table scraps from my employer.  WTF?

That wasn't meant to be as personal as it probably comes off, so sorry about that. 

A lot of restaurant employers give their employees food, though, and not "table scraps".  If your employer is really offering you table-scraps, he's a douche.  But why turn down a free meal if it's not?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Argh.  Because I didn't want a plate full of potatoes right now.  I wanted five or six Reese's cups and to skinny up for my next true meal.  Like spaghetti, or those two giant bars of Hershey's dark chocolate I have left from Christmas.

P.S.: working dish, like I did this morning, sucks so bad.  It's just hot water and sharp shit all the time.  I'm really glad I was kitchen again tonight.  That's kinda brutal too, but I'm less likely to injure myself with a knife someone decided to hide in the water or burn my hands to pieces.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Also, I don't like being beholden to people.  I don't like feeling like I owe someone.

Yes, I appreciate the irony.

(And if he really wants to do me a favor, he should give me a cigarette break that I can deploy at will using my best judgment.  I never ask because I feel like I'm being lazy if I do, but after four or so hours I start getting a headache. :grr: )
Kinemalogue

Habbaku

Plates full of potatoes can be saved for later, presumably.  If that wasn't an option, then I withdraw my objection over your declining the offer.  :smarty:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2011, 10:25:20 PM
Also, I don't like being beholden to people.  I don't like feeling like I owe someone.

Yes, I appreciate the irony.

Sometimes a free meal is just a free meal.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on December 29, 2011, 10:26:51 PM
Plates full of potatoes can be saved for later, presumably.  If that wasn't an option, then I withdraw my objection over your declining the offer.  :smarty:

I didn't decline!  What's left is in my fridge!  I'm really sorry I brought it up and I'm an ungrateful bastard!  Let's talk about something else now!
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Fuck this shit. I'm going to bed.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue