News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

We just had an earth quake.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Well, apparently there is no such thing as an entry-level import compliance job.  Sigh.  This is getting ridiculous.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I've just spent 70 quid on a SNES and a tonne of games.
Oddly most of the games at the store seemed to be RPGs with very few platformers in sight. Which is sad, I love RPGs, but...Japanese...
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2011, 06:05:04 AM
Oddly most of the games at the store seemed to be RPGs with very few platformers in sight. Which is sad, I love RPGs, but...Japanese...

70 quid would give you 2 or 3 complete SNES games in Europe, specially if it's RPGs indeed.
While you're in Japan, improve your written Japanese skills for RPG's. Problem solved! :)

Admiral Yi

One of my buds from karaoke, the one who's a gun nut, had just come back from a competition so his trunk was flowing over with hand guns.  He let me handle the pieces (only after pulling the-empty-mags and double checking for rounds in the chamber).  I asked if he had a 45, he said yes.  I was expecting him to pull a monster Huk-killing fist bazooka out of the trunk but it was surprisingly small.  Heavy, but not that much bigger than the rest of his guns.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2011, 02:02:07 PM
One of my buds from karaoke, the one who's a gun nut, had just come back from a competition so his trunk was flowing over with hand guns.  He let me handle the pieces (only after pulling the-empty-mags and double checking for rounds in the chamber).  I asked if he had a 45, he said yes.  I was expecting him to pull a monster Huk-killing fist bazooka out of the trunk but it was surprisingly small.  Heavy, but not that much bigger than the rest of his guns.

Good job. You got your prints all over the weapons.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

And on a survivalist forum, a thread is titled 'The facts about cannibalism'. Hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Had parked the train at the end station and went to the breakroom, when I came back four masked men were painting graphitti on the side of the train, all were armed with clubs and one were filming it. They ran when I came to the platform, and sadly for them the gray spray colour they used were not very readable on the train's red paint.

The funniest was the look on the passengers faces. All shocked.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

You run a train?  That's kind of cool.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2011, 02:02:07 PM

What was it?  A 1911?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

New hotel. Better view.

Looking across the top of Nob toward Alcatraz.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

BAC building to the right.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 06, 2011, 08:01:43 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2011, 06:05:04 AM

70 quid would give you 2 or 3 complete SNES games in Europe, specially if it's RPGs indeed.
While you're in Japan, improve your written Japanese skills for RPG's. Problem solved! :)

That's the hope!
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2011, 05:45:25 PM
And on a survivalist forum, a thread is titled 'The facts about cannibalism'. Hilarious.

Any facts worth sharing?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2011, 08:53:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 05, 2011, 08:44:17 PM
Maybe Yi meant British Columbia or Quebec.  Everything else is just Wisconsin with better health care.

I quite like Wisconsin though.

Too warm though right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."