And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on October 09, 2011, 04:55:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 06:03:42 PM
Well, our fields aren't dead mud.  I guess we've got that going for us.
Columbia seemed pretty nice when I was there... and I'm not talking about Irmo where we met up, but Columbia proper, which I was in unexpectedly cause I made a wrong turn. :blush:

Quiet, Cal, I'm making a joke. :secret:

Actually, there are places downstate that do kinda look like a war happened.  That's in part just geological (the retreat of the ocean), but in part also because of how shitty the society is.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

During my layover in Houston I saw for the first time a woman wearing the iqtab or bricbrac or whatever it's called.  The one with the eyes covered.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2011, 07:45:08 PM
During my layover in Houston I saw for the first time a woman wearing the iqtab or bricbrac or whatever it's called.  The one with the eyes covered.

Sacré bric-à-brac en effet. Wait, was it the niqab or burqa à l'afghane:lol:

garbon

Yeah, I'm guessing he means burka given that he said the eyes were covered.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I thought the burka was the ninja style with the eyes uncovered.

garbon

Admiral Yi

10-4.  Burka it was then.  And quite a fetching burka I might add.  I wonder how the fuck she made it through screening.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 06:38:22 PM
I have to expect there is some exaggeration in your account.  It's still American soil.  Thus, it's by default better than Somalia.  Also, it's only like two miles away in any direction from better vistas, so worst to worst all you have to do is walk for twenty minutes and you're out.

I live only about fifteen miles from East St. Louis. This is correct.

Raz, I could have picked up your sister and PMed you that she was fine.  :thumbsup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 09, 2011, 08:41:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 08, 2011, 06:38:22 PM
I have to expect there is some exaggeration in your account.  It's still American soil.  Thus, it's by default better than Somalia.  Also, it's only like two miles away in any direction from better vistas, so worst to worst all you have to do is walk for twenty minutes and you're out.

I live only about fifteen miles from East St. Louis. This is correct.

Raz, I could have picked up your sister and PMed you that she was fine.  :thumbsup:

Really, where you at?  My sis made here fine.  My relatives from St. Louis avoid East St. Louis and they are a bit of a rough bunch.  Like RICO charges against them rough.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

"Who are you?"
"I'm some dude your brother met on the internet. Hop in."
"Okay!"

I live on the Illinois side of the river, but only for another month. Too many farm folk here.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 09, 2011, 11:04:26 PM
"Who are you?"
"I'm some dude your brother met on the internet. Hop in."
"Okay!"

I live on the Illinois side of the river, but only for another month. Too many farm folk here.

Do you know Aunty Entity personally?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Another first for me on this trip was I had a chick pilot for one leg.