News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camerus

Since virtually nobody in Quebec gets married anymore, I guess most Canucks are familiar with the possible implications of the (now somewhat antiquated) term "girlfriend".

Josquius

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 06, 2011, 05:41:44 PM
Since virtually nobody in Quebec gets married anymore, I guess most Canucks are familiar with the possible implications of the (now somewhat antiquated) term "girlfriend".
Really? Any idea on the numbers that do get married?
I know less and less people are but didn't know there was a place they were the minority.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2011, 06:12:28 PM
Really? Any idea on the numbers that do get married?
I know less and less people are but didn't know there was a place they were the minority.

http://www.stat.gouv.qc.ca/donstat/societe/demographie/etat_matrm_marg/501a.htm

Link is french but you'll get the idea.

in 2009, 2.9 wedding for every 1000 person. These include same sex marriages, civil & religious ones.

http://www.stat.gouv.qc.ca/donstat/societe/demographie/struc_poplt/202.htm

This one is by Age group & sex.

You'll see massive drop in marriage vs union libre with the 35 & under crowd.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Did you throw a conjointing party?  Did you get any conjointe presents?  Did you go on a lune de mielle a conjointe?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

No presents? That takes the fun out of getting 4 toaster ovens.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

It's a shame, really.  There are no people in all of Canada so ruined as the Quebecois.  In some ways, they remind me of American blacks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 06, 2011, 04:27:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2011, 04:10:25 PM
I'll be damned, Anthony Weiner is an idiot.

:lol:

I wouldn't have apologized.

No shit.  THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BUDGET

Ed Anger

Meanwhile....

QuoteAs hacker collective Lulz Security claims it snagged Sony Computer Entertainment's Developer Network source code, newspaper The Epoch Times reports that one LulzSec member, Robert Cavanaugh, is believed to be in FBI custody.

lulz. Enjoy the rape, nerd.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2011, 04:12:42 PM
not big on the idea of hostelling
Nor should you be as an adult.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Had the most disturbing dream last night.

I managed to procure some very valuable paintings, proceeded to smuggle them through british customs and met with buyers in London.

Turns out I was alone, and the buyers would rather just straight out murder me than pay the $4 million. Manage to talk them into $2 million in lieu of murder, but then I'm faced with the difficulty of getting that much cash out of the country.

At that point I wake up, heart pounding like a drum.

Weird, weird stuff. I don't know why my dreams have to create such problems for me.  :lol:

Tonitrus

If they'd murder you over $4 mil, sure as hell they'd still murder you over $2 mil.

Slargos

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 07, 2011, 01:48:52 AM
If they'd murder you over $4 mil, sure as hell they'd still murder you over $2 mil.

Probably, yeah. I can't account for their motivations.  :sleep:

CountDeMoney

I'd murder Slags for $40.  Hell, I'd do it for Red Lobster coupons.

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2011, 05:54:50 AM

I'd murder Slags for $40.  Hell, I'd do it for Red Lobster coupons.

You are my friend, so I'd kill you for nothing.  :hug: