And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on June 03, 2011, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 03, 2011, 12:04:31 PM
Any crossbow which is designed or altered to be fired by the action of one hand, or has a length not exceeding 500mm, is a prohibited weapon and thus illegal.

:huh:  So 'the crossbow' is not illegal, but only certain ones.
Genoese crossbows = fine.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I'm currently watching a documentary about drug dealers in Chicago.
I remember watching another documentary a while ago about poor people in Glasgow. They decided to subtitle the people despite them being perfectly understandable.
Yet here with these Chicago gangbangers where they really need the subs...nada.
Damn you TV.

(yes, yes, different film makers and whatnot)
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Habbaku on June 03, 2011, 11:43:00 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2011, 11:39:26 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2011, 11:37:35 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2011, 11:36:50 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2011, 11:32:02 AM
Oh, well they're Danish amateurs who are building a manned space rocket they plan to send 150 km up on a a budget of only a few tens of thousands of dollars.

That was a test launch.
Boring.
They also built their own submarine.
Morally wrong.
Do you think the crossbow should be banned, too?
A crossbow is no threat to the proper order, and so no.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Just saw the new X-Men movie. I liked it. :)

Apparently it didn't follow the comics, though, which pissed off some of the other people in the theater. I hope all future comic book movies piss all over the comics.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

It does look awesome. I've not been to the cinema for literally years but want to see that one.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2011, 06:49:05 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 03, 2011, 11:43:00 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2011, 11:39:26 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2011, 11:37:35 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2011, 11:36:50 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2011, 11:32:02 AM
Oh, well they're Danish amateurs who are building a manned space rocket they plan to send 150 km up on a a budget of only a few tens of thousands of dollars.

That was a test launch.
Boring.
They also built their own submarine.
Morally wrong.
Do you think the crossbow should be banned, too?
A crossbow is no threat to the proper order, and so no.

He would have been better off saying Air Forces, another device that made dreadnoughts obsolete.

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 03, 2011, 08:36:31 PM
He would have been better off saying Air Forces, another device that made dreadnoughts obsolete.
Don't be ridiculous.  Dreadnoughts survived long into the age of cowardly aircraft.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

When alongside aircraft carriers.  Taffy 3 notwithstanding.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 03, 2011, 10:37:25 PM
Here's an article on those space Danes.

http://www.space.com/11875-homemade-rocket-launch-danish-copenhagen-suborbitals.html

Unfortunately, I will always see Danes as a people as less then dogs.  Before I knew of Denmark, my neighbors bought a huge dog called a Great Dane.  The great Dane became the reference point, and the people known as Danes were always known in my mind as the "Not-so-great-Danes".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

I saw a boxing match for the first time in years this evening, Mikkel 'The Viking Warrior' Kessler against some French guy who was only there to be beaten.

I did not become a fan.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Quote from: Liep on June 04, 2011, 05:33:49 PM
I saw a boxing match for the first time in years this evening, Mikkel 'The Viking Warrior' Kessler against some French guy who was only there to be beaten.

I did not become a fan.
Even a bad boxing match is better than that MMA shit that the kids all seem to like these days.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on June 04, 2011, 05:39:22 PM

I did not become a fan.
Even a bad boxing match is better than that MMA shit that the kids all seem to like these days.

MMA is gay rolling around and punching each other in the balls.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 04, 2011, 05:52:40 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 04, 2011, 05:39:22 PM

I did not become a fan.

MMA is gay rolling around and punching each other in the balls.

:yes:  Boxing is a real sport.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien