News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I found Deer tracks in my back yard today.  I was rather surprised by that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Well, it was on this day 10 years ago I walked into my local EB and saw Europa Universalis, bought it, came home and registered on the P'dox forum. Say what you want about Paradox, the forum, and its games now; but at the time they were all a huge part of my life. Think I'll dig up the old EU today and see if it still plays.....anybody know where I can d/l the mod? ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on April 30, 2011, 11:43:43 AM
Well, it was on this day 10 years ago I walked into my local EB and saw Europa Universalis, bought it, came home and registered on the P'dox forum. Say what you want about Paradox, the forum, and its games now; but at the time they were all a huge part of my life. Think I'll dig up the old EU today and see if it still plays.....anybody know where I can d/l the mod? ;)

The biggest selling point of the EU1 mod was allowing you to play any country.  A feature added in EU2.

There's no reason to play 1 if you have 2.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Vinland.

I've always fancied playing 1 just for curiosity's sake.

My route to EU was weird. Sliders > Alternate history > Discussion about EU2 on a AH message board> Wow that sounds rather good.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote— The Governor Of Ohio Totally Taunted Browns Fans The Other Day The governor of Ohio, John Kasich, is the type of chap who'd host a show on Fox News Channel called "Heartland with John Kasich." He went to The Ohio State University. He's also a Steelers fan, division foe of Ohio's two NFL franchises.

So, what'd he decide to say when people recoiled at the mere mention of his Pennsylvania roots during a speech about 25 miles from Cleveland?

"When you win a Super Bowl, let me know."

Sure, Cleveland is in Cuyahoga County, which totally backed his November foe, but he's got a point. So, take that, shitbirds.

trolled.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zeus

Anne Frank: World Hide N' Seek Champion (1942-1943).

Too soon?
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Lettow77

Life is so dismal, languish. The summer's vision quest to the west can't come soon enough; I am just marking time until then.

Edit: Was it really so recently I had my last unhappy post here? How depressing. I'd hate for the OTT to just become a place I make unhappy comments, but if I made a thread for it every time it happened there'd be little else, and if I didn't tell someone i'd feel even worse. I'm sorry languish, but you are all I have. please forgive the imposition. The least I can do is just cleave the latest lament to this existing post.

Sitting up at 8:50 in the morning with a toothache. Was laying in bed fooling myself for a couple hours before I got up in disgust. Couldn't stop thinking about my last relationship, the missus, and where it went wrong. I don't really know what I want to do in life. The bursts of manic euphoria when an option seems clear tend to just aggravate the situation when they dissipate, but even so I wish one would strike. I wish I could get to sleep. I wish somebody really and truly cared about me and wanted to have me around, but I don't know why they would. I mess with self-change, but I don't particularly like that idea either. The list of things I like is decreasing all the time. At some point, I lost the gumption to even make myself tea, and just drink water unless I force myself. I really, really hope I get up the energy to go to class monday.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zeus on April 30, 2011, 07:05:29 PM
Anne Frank: World Hide N' Seek Champion (1942-1943).

Too soon?

Indeed, it's only been a couple years since Sav's magnum opus was lost to posterity.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on April 28, 2011, 05:28:18 PM
H.P Lovecraft does sex education

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3gNQ2KYCb4&feature=player_embedded

The phrase WTF was invented for that

Holy shit, that's hilarious.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Pat

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 30, 2011, 07:23:57 PM
Life is so dismal, languish. The summer's vision quest to the west can't come soon enough; I am just marking time until then.

Edit: Was it really so recently I had my last unhappy post here? How depressing. I'd hate for the OTT to just become a place I make unhappy comments, but if I made a thread for it every time it happened there'd be little else, and if I didn't tell someone i'd feel even worse. I'm sorry languish, but you are all I have. please forgive the imposition. The least I can do is just cleave the latest lament to this existing post.

Sitting up at 8:50 in the morning with a toothache. Was laying in bed fooling myself for a couple hours before I got up in disgust. Couldn't stop thinking about my last relationship, the missus, and where it went wrong. I don't really know what I want to do in life. The bursts of manic euphoria when an option seems clear tend to just aggravate the situation when they dissipate, but even so I wish one would strike. I wish I could get to sleep. I wish somebody really and truly cared about me and wanted to have me around, but I don't know why they would. I mess with self-change, but I don't particularly like that idea either. The list of things I like is decreasing all the time. At some point, I lost the gumption to even make myself tea, and just drink water unless I force myself. I really, really hope I get up the energy to go to class monday.

Try finding something to read that you like. You know, one of those books where you just want to keep reading. Maybe that'll help get your mind off things for a while.

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 30, 2011, 07:23:57 PM

Chill with your therapist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

QuoteWas laying in bed fooling myself for a couple hours

Gross, dude.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I think Lettow should try to meet Siegy.  Perhaps our favorite Israeli can set the boy strait.  I think Lettow needs some goals and structure.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

I think Lettuce needs to lay some pipe.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2011, 01:42:55 PM
I think Lettuce needs to lay some pipe.

That might help too.