News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Most of that uncle advice is only good if you're 100% sure you're never having kids.

Otherwise... what goes around comes around.  :menace:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HisMajestyBOB

Thinking about going to China for a semester to study (and teach on the side  :ph34r: ) then apply to Anheuser-Busch's Global Management Trainee program.

Or just the program.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

Aren't you a bit old for school? Already set on a career path and all that? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Slargos

It's all a matter of perspective, innit.  :hmm:

The sun IS relatively small when you compare it to all the things around you.

Ideologue

"Why, in arcseconds, the Earth is substantially larger.  Your question needs to be more specific."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Fook!!
I've just heard Pulp have reformed to play some festival in London.
Gragh! Really wish I lived in London right now....yes....I would even do that for Pulp.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

I think I can say now that the remedies exam I just took sucked balls, and it's pretty much entirely my own fault.  I forgot my anonymous ID number and had to waste twenty-five minutes getting it. :(

Oh, well, a C at this point is basically immaterial, although I was pleased that I'd punched back over the 3.00 line due to my rockin' grade for defending alleged wifebeaters.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: Liep on April 22, 2011, 02:15:18 AM
And now I'm finally an uncle. 42 hours of labour. Good Friday indeed.
:mad:

I shall never forgive you Liep.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2011, 05:13:34 PM
I shall never forgive you Liep.

For the blasphemic pun or that you're not the father of my nephew? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

stjaba

Quote from: Ideologue on April 22, 2011, 04:05:02 PM
Oh, well, a C at this point is basically immaterial, although I was pleased that I'd punched back over the 3.00 line due to my rockin' grade for defending alleged wifebeaters.

I'm hoping to do a prosecution clinic in a year. Obviously, you were on the opposite side, but useful experience or waste of time?

Liep

Quote from: katmai on April 22, 2011, 05:22:52 PM
YES!

Well, I'll try to not use religion as a source for my poor puns in the future!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Best quote this week, from Charlie Brooker: "Well yes, the press are getting very excited about the royal wedding, they're saying that Kate Middleton looks set to be the new Diana. Which is ironic. Since its due to the press that we need a new Diana."
██████
██████
██████