News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

someone messed up the project?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on April 20, 2011, 01:14:45 PM
someone messed up the project?
No, it's just a politically contentious project, and it's going to court for a hearing.  I guess handing over e-mails is part of discovery.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on April 20, 2011, 09:25:29 AM
I'm apparently becoming an uncle today.

Apparently I'll become an uncle tomorrow!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

better an uncle tomorrow then a father 9 months from tonight :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2011, 12:56:51 PM
FML.  Today I found out that I would have to look through about 5,000 thousand of my work e-mails, to find all the relevant ones for the particular project and hand them over.  In hindsight, I kind of wish I organized my inbox better.  :(

Looking through 5 million e-mails must suck.  On the other hand, you're probably the most productive actuary that's ever existed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2011, 12:56:51 PM
FML.  Today I found out that I would have to look through about 5,000 thousand of my work e-mails, to find all the relevant ones for the particular project and hand them over.  In hindsight, I kind of wish I organized my inbox better.  :(

The true FML should go to the junior attorney who has to read your (and every other actuary)s millions of emails.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Ideologue

Apartment manager is really getting on my nerves about replacing my slightly fucked up blinds.  I don't even like blinds.

They also get angry when I pull the blinds up because it ruins "uniformity."  Why do they have that function, cunt?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

So I find myself once again working on a paper due tomorrow- it's a busy week. This time the subject is on the art & architecture of the Mughal, Safavid and Ottoman empires. I have to write five pages about such a boring subject, and I will only be able to use the reference book (Which I was supposed to purchase for my own use) for two more hours and some change.

Somewhere in the midst of all this, I developed crippling back pain- yesterday I could scarcely move, and today I am mobile but plagued by constant aches. I don't know what brought this on.

I am also very apprehensive about this summer, and lament most all aspects of my existence at the moment.

On the bright side, MTAC is in two days.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 20, 2011, 09:32:26 PM
Somewhere in the midst of all this, I developed crippling back pain- yesterday I could scarcely move, and today I am mobile but plagued by constant aches. I don't know what brought this on.

Do you exercise/stretch regularly?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Ha! I mean, no. of course not.

Exercises were performed fairly regularly in the fall but no longer served their original purpose by the spring; It is expected exercise will come for me, whether I like it or not, this summer.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Man, I had a really weird dream.  I dreamt I was still in school and would periodically black out and write down IP addresses and file names randomly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

I used to have dreams regularly about having to go back to high school because I'd missed some credits for something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2011, 09:05:06 AM
I used to have dreams regularly about having to go back to high school because I'd missed some credits for something.

Yeah, that's an oldie and a goodie. I've had that many times.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011