News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2011, 12:57:07 PM
Does Jaron still post here?  I haven't seen him in a while.

He made Berkut's birthday thread a few days ago.

Josephus

We need to have a poll.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

The birds seem to be especially vicious this year in their fighting over nesting sites and mates.  Anyone else notice this where you live? :unsure:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2011, 06:55:48 PM
The birds seem to be especially vicious this year in their fighting over nesting sites and mates.  Anyone else notice this where you live? :unsure:

It's not just the birds, man.  Believe me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2011, 06:55:48 PM

the sparrows? yep.

Even more hilarious is when a cat conducts an ambush on a bunch of birds making a fuss.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

There is an unusually elevated amount of noise from the college's coloured population, which even with the windows closed was getting to be a bit much for me to productively work on a paper about Einhard's Life of Charlemagne.

I accordingly went to the library- where a mess of black folks are clustered around one monitor in uproariously laughter, with facebook up.

This is two spots away from me- the outrage. The library should be a place of learning and scholarly effort.

There is no sanctum from the savage beasts, half-devil and half child.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

You go over and tell them that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

"Go tell it to his face!"
See, it's funny, because he's not merely ignorant and loud, he also has violent predelictions.

Now, I generally like our coloured contigent. I enjoy the vibrance they bring to campus. But there is a time and a place for everything. Outside the dorm windows at 9 at night is sort of not really the place, but the library assuredly isn't.

It's just disruptive because I enjoy getting absorbed into history when I write about it, but early medieval europe feels very far away just the now.

Eddie Teach

Early medieval Europe would have been quite loud if you were in any kind of city or town.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

http://www.theonion.com/articles/well-folks-it-appears-some-shithead-down-there-is,19975/
I read this from start to finish imagining CdM was the author.

You can see I am working hard on my paper.

Despite the article's considerable hilarity I did not make any sounds, because I am civilized.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2011, 09:50:52 PM
"Go tell it to his face!"
See, it's funny, because he's not merely ignorant and loud, he also has violent predelictions.

Now, I generally like our coloured contigent. I enjoy the vibrance they bring to campus. But there is a time and a place for everything. Outside the dorm windows at 9 at night is sort of not really the place, but the library assuredly isn't.

It's just disruptive because I enjoy getting absorbed into history when I write about it, but early medieval europe feels very far away just the now.

I thought Southerners also had violent predilections.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lettow77

They do. I weary immensely of the South, which is why I am going on a vision quest to the west.

CountDeMoney

Probably out hogging.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2011, 10:11:39 PM
They do. I weary immensely of the South, which is why I am going on a vision quest to the west.

You need other things to obsess over, maybe you'll find them somewhere else. Maybe in a woman who doesn't wear cats ears. Or perhaps just see a doc.  My doc prescribed some meds that really help with the obsessive thoughts.

PDH

Charlemagne had an elephant named Abu l'-Abbas.

Now Einhard will come to life.

Also, Big Chuck liked loud parties.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM