Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on April 07, 2011, 05:21:17 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 07, 2011, 05:07:50 PM
Which flag will you fly?

:unsure:

While the Republic of China is a fine nation, and while my Asian neighbors might appreciate it, I rather doubt it.

I'll probably start with the Maple Leaf, then mix in Alberta / Manitoba / Yukon, and on special days when I want to piss people off, either the American or Israeli flags. :menace:

Would've solved some problems. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Slargos

Quote from: Pat on April 08, 2011, 07:34:27 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2011, 08:21:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 08:19:13 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2011, 07:33:14 PM
The Israeli flag is unacceptable, because I hate terrorism.
Coming from a guy whose flag has a maple leaf on it.  A fucking leaf.
So?  My country wasn't founded by terrorists.  In fact, my country was founded to fight terrorists.

RIP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folke_Bernadotte

There is of course no need to remind the world that the jews are murderous scum since, you know, the entire Jesus thing. However, it doesn't hurt to keep certain symbols alive.  :hmm:

The Brain

Quote from: Pat on April 08, 2011, 07:34:27 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2011, 08:21:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 08:19:13 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2011, 07:33:14 PM
The Israeli flag is unacceptable, because I hate terrorism.
Coming from a guy whose flag has a maple leaf on it.  A fucking leaf.
So?  My country wasn't founded by terrorists.  In fact, my country was founded to fight terrorists.

RIP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folke_Bernadotte

He was an officer in my regiment.

Jews. Why did it have to be Jews? :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Telling a 100 drunk passengers that we'll be delayed for another 20 minutes is not the favorite part of my job, but hey, i got free wifi on the train and a comfy chair, screw the passengers, right? Right? My coffee supply is running low though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Slargos

Quote from: Liep on April 08, 2011, 04:37:52 PM
Telling a 100 drunk passengers that we'll be delayed for another 20 minutes is not the favorite part of my job, but hey, i got free wifi on the train and a comfy chair, screw the passengers, right? Right? My coffee supply is running low though.

"And I told them we would be 20 minutes delayed on account of works on the track, when in reality Hans-Christian was busy masturbating, and I was timing him to settle a bet. Oh, how we laughed."

garbon

Saw this online:

QuoteMy favorite subway announcement, some years ago, while waiting for an uptown A at 42nd Street:

"We apologize for the delay, but you should be used to it by now."

Those of us listening laughed, and the wait didn't seem so bad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

It really shouldn't have surprised them. We had some wind today and with our neglected infrastructure that means broken powerlines and massive delays

I might use that one next time, though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

You're a train driver? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2011, 06:37:51 PM

What tipped you off?

:lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 07, 2011, 11:19:02 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 07, 2011, 10:56:54 PM
My wife is pissed because the hott babe she's in love with got kicked off American Idol.  :P

I watched a few episodes about a month ago, the voters kicked off most of the hott babes on the first cut after the judges were done. That and the boring performances all around have made me decide to sit the season out.

Theory: The primary audience for the show is women. And the bitches don't like each other. Women are too competitive with each other. Too eager to vote off the girls. She said there's only 2 girls left and like 7 guys. And from what I saw they all looked like douches.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

The theory works. Its always talentless annoying pretty boys who win the British one.

QuoteWhat tipped you off?
Just the first time he's mentioned it. Unexpected.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2011, 07:00:23 PM
Just the first time he's mentioned it. Unexpected.

You just don't pay attention.  Liep won't shut up about it.  Train driver this, train driver that.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2011, 06:37:51 PM

We've know this for years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point