News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Had a dream last night that, instead of dogs and cats, people had pet spiders the size of dogs or cats. All different colours and shapes.

I helped one little girl get her white, cat-sized pet spider down from the ceiling, where it was clinging. It had run up there because she was colouring its abdomen-fur pink, and had tied a pink bow around its neck. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2011, 01:37:05 PM
Had a dream last night that, instead of dogs and cats, people had pet spiders the size of dogs or cats. All different colours and shapes.

I helped one little girl get her white, cat-sized pet spider down from the ceiling, where it was clinging. It had run up there because she was colouring its abdomen-fur pink, and had tied a pink bow around its neck.
Your dealer must've changed his suppliers.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2011, 06:54:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2011, 06:33:38 PM
Some Chinaman tycoon paid $1.5 million for a dog.  A Tibetan Mastiff, 11 months old, weighs 180 pounds.
It is a very cool looking dog. He's red!

He should name it: Clifford.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on March 18, 2011, 02:53:05 PM

Heh, you buy dreams from dealers? Mine just sort of happen on their own.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

:w00t:
Just got news of a job interview in Bristol next week.
And I think they're paying for my train. :punk:

Of course, I'm entering this having told them I was just waiting for my degree....but yesterday the buggers told me some of my credits were invalid. Somehow...hope it doesn't destroy my chances totally.
██████
██████
██████

Sophie Scholl

Been in a lot of World of Warcraft Battlegrounds?  Damned spider pets. :mad:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2011, 03:07:49 PM

I get my dreams wholesale. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

I believe we should live in a society where the government pays for our dreams.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on March 18, 2011, 03:28:37 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2011, 03:07:49 PM

I get my dreams wholesale. :)

Heh, probably as a government perk.  :P

DGuller

I just came across this creepy thread from 3 years ago.  The OP was dead the next day, in the most predictable way.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/111454-rough-shifts-m-mode.html

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2011, 03:58:38 PM

Heh, probably as a government perk.  :P

They are issued to him like a uniform.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 18, 2011, 04:12:31 PM
I just came across this creepy thread from 3 years ago.  The OP was dead the next day, in the most predictable way.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/111454-rough-shifts-m-mode.html

Why is it creepy?  It looks mostly boring.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2011, 04:39:31 PM
Why is it creepy?  It looks mostly boring.
I think it's creepy because you get a glimpse into the mind of a young dumbass about to kill himself and four others a couple of hours from the time he posted.  The premonitions from others are also eerie.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point