News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

You know, my wife is a fine cook, but she really is not very adventurous in the kitchen.  She generally cooks the same old things.  I'm the one who likes to dig through the cookbooks, find something new to try.

But out of nowhere, last night I came home and she had cooked a quiche.  And it was damn good.  :mmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Does this mean Beeb isn't a Real Man(tm)?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2011, 02:28:16 PM

I didn't realize the question was still in doubt.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2011, 02:28:16 PM

Hey, he hunted that quiche down and killed it with his bare hands first.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Didn't think quiche lived above the tree line.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on March 16, 2011, 03:07:54 PM
Didn't think quiche lived above the tree line.

Not anymore it doesn't.  Finished it off at lunch. :)

Razgovory

I've been posting a lot on the old EUOT.  It's kind of nice when my posts are the rational ones.  It is amusing when someone rants about why English should be the only language but misspells every other word.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

In April I'll mark 10 years registered on Paradox forums.  :ph34r:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

barkdreg

Quote from: Josephus on March 16, 2011, 09:36:20 PM

Same here. Quite a shock.

Barrister

Quote from: barkdreg on March 17, 2011, 01:22:32 AM
Quote from: Josephus on March 16, 2011, 09:36:20 PM

Same here. Quite a shock.

Barkdreg?

Long time no see!

I'll hit 10 years in September. :ph34r:

Savonarola

An Irish Airman Foresees His Death

I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above;
Those that I fight I do not hate,
Those that I guard I do not love;

My country is Kiltartan Cross,
My countrymen Kiltartan's poor,
No likely end could bring them loss
Or leave them happier than before.

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;

I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death.

-William Butler Yeats

Cast a cold eye on life, on death and have a happy St. Patrick's Day.  :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

I couldn't find my orange button-down shirt this morning, so I settled for a green one. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Wearing orange on St. Pattys day is like wearing a white hood on Martin Luther King's birthday.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Wrong.  It's ok to mock the Irish. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points