And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2010, 07:25:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_baby

I know the br'er rabbit story. What I don't know is what "tar baby dolls" are. Are these some sort of common toy? Could one buy a "tar baby doll' if I wanted one, say to decorate a restaurant for MLK Day?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Fook.
My electric shaver is broke which means not only is shaving more inconvenient but I'm turning all spotty again- not shaving so often makes them break out and cutting them accidently turns them into big red nasties.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Malthus on February 10, 2010, 11:46:11 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 09, 2010, 07:25:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_baby

I know the br'er rabbit story. What I don't know is what "tar baby dolls" are. Are these some sort of common toy? Could one buy a "tar baby doll' if I wanted one, say to decorate a restaurant for MLK Day?

No idea how common they are, a quick search of ebay and amazon shows one.

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on February 10, 2010, 12:49:22 PM
Fook.
My electric shaver is broke which means not only is shaving more inconvenient but I'm turning all spotty again- not shaving so often makes them break out and cutting them accidently turns them into big red nasties.

Nothing wrong with a good old wet-shave. I've never done anything else!

[Maybe that's why I'm a bit spotty still...at my age... :cry:]
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I can't hear the exchange over the laugh track.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Is there any sight normally encountered in the average office more revolting than that of a truly obese secretary hoovering up leftover event cake?  :yucky:

Go into the kitchenette a few minutes ago, someone left some of that cheap spongecake left over from an office baby shower there for all takers, and there was a woman with an ass almost wider than she was tall spooning in in her gob like her life depended on it. Ordinary forks not being commodious enough (or maybe just not any washed), she was using a salad fork; not bothering to cut slices and put 'em on a plate, either - just vaccuming that sugary confection up straight from the cardboard. 

That's it, I'm going on a diet again.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2010, 02:03:13 PM
She's on about the royal's decision to spend their anniversary in Malta saying it was prince Phillip's decision to do this when who should walk past but the Duke of Edinburgh himself. I can't make out what she says next but something about them deciding to be private to which the Duke says 'Did we?'.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on February 10, 2010, 02:22:16 PM
Is there any sight normally encountered in the average office more revolting than that of a truly obese secretary hoovering up leftover event cake?  :yucky:

Go into the kitchenette a few minutes ago, someone left some of that cheap spongecake left over from an office baby shower there for all takers, and there was a woman with an ass almost wider than she was tall spooning in in her gob like her life depended on it. Ordinary forks not being commodious enough (or maybe just not any washed), she was using a salad fork; not bothering to cut slices and put 'em on a plate, either - just vaccuming that sugary confection up straight from the cardboard. 

That woman was my sister....you bastard... :mad:
:lol:

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

I want sponge cake now.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2010, 11:33:45 AM
Also, the Greek PM apparently pointed the finger of blame at hedge funds at Davos.

Ah, yeah. I was wondering why the otherwise super-fiscally-responsible and fastidious Greeks would have found themselves in this situation. That explains it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on February 10, 2010, 02:27:37 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2010, 02:03:13 PM
She's on about the royal's decision to spend their anniversary in Malta saying it was prince Phillip's decision to do this when who should walk past but the Duke of Edinburgh himself. I can't make out what she says next but something about them deciding to be private to which the Duke says 'Did we?'.

Phillip will be missed when he and the missus get to old to go on visits.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on February 10, 2010, 02:30:08 PM

That woman was my sister....you bastard... :mad:

Well, tell your sister not to wear stretchy pants. Please.

DisturbedPervert

She should never have been hired

Grey Fox

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 10, 2010, 02:46:03 PM

She should never have been hired

She probably wasn't a gigantic whale when she was hired 25 years ago.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.