News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

The cat won't stop meowing, I think she's too stupid to remember the kittens were sold and can't figure out where they are. Gragh.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

My wife created a twitter account for our cat. I will be murdering them both shortly.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on January 18, 2010, 02:58:42 PM
The cat won't stop meowing, I think she's too stupid to remember the kittens were sold and can't figure out where they are. Gragh.
She's a cat, she doesn't understand the concept of sales. What she remembers is you aiding and abetting in the kidnapping of her kittens. Watch out or she'll gut you in your sleep.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 19, 2010, 02:48:18 AM
My wife created a twitter account for our cat. I will be murdering them both shortly.

The cat is innocent.  Kill the woman, keep the cat.  Live like CdM.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

I gave back my leased car today. A Mercedes SLK.

It had one scratch on the back fender that I hadn't really noticed under all the dirt. But it was visible after I washed the car. Oh well. There goes the rebate when you bring back the car in perfect condition.

Then I gave the car to the inspection guys there. They found minor scratches in various locations and hail damage worth more than 1000 Euro. WTF. :blink:

My next question was obviously whether I have to pay for that.

Luckily I don't as it is covered.  :yeah:

I wonder if they will rent out another car to me at some point. Hmm.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on January 19, 2010, 02:08:45 PM

It had one scratch on the back fender that I hadn't really noticed under all the dirt. But it was visible after I washed the car. Oh well. There goes the rebate when you bring back the car in perfect condition.

Then I gave the car to the inspection guys there. They found minor scratches in various locations and hail damage worth more than 1000 Euro. WTF. :blink:

1000 € worth of minor scratches are one hell of a lot of scratches. Was the car gold plated, or something? :p

Barrister

A mercedes SLK?

It just might be.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on January 19, 2010, 02:08:45 PM

What you think you dropped off:

What the car rental guy thinks you dropped off:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on January 19, 2010, 02:18:45 PM1000 € worth of minor scratches are one hell of a lot of scratches. Was the car gold plated, or something? :p
I heard Swarovski crystals are the latest thing.

No, my car was black. For the biggest scratch, they want 420 Euro to fix it. And they estimate one hour work for that. 420 Euro for one hour? WTF. I should become a car mechanic.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on January 19, 2010, 02:23:15 PM
No, my car was black. For the biggest scratch, they want 420 Euro to fix it. And they estimate one hour work for that. 420 Euro for one hour? WTF. I should become a car mechanic.

A couple of years ago, before I went to Austria and checked foreign job offers there was a part time vacancy for experienced auto mechanics for Mercedes in Nassau/Bahamas.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Syt, that was exactly the impression I got from them.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Bored lawyers are the worse, eh?

Very nice of him to have explained everything.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

My women failures carry over into another decade. Boo.
At least age is making me look better and so more failure is tolerable.
██████
██████
██████