News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Arabic kids should shut the fuck up.  They were pretty close to ending up in camps.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Formatting 931gb sure does take a while.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on January 05, 2010, 03:45:17 PM
And what is the fashionable, young Arab-American man wearing you ask:

The boys, all of whom are of Arabic descent and of the 2011 graduating class, wore sweatshirts with "11" made to look like two buildings on the back. There was also the school "thunderbird" mascot apparently flying at the numerals. One the bottom of the hoodie sweatshirts was the slogan, "You can't bring us down."
YOU CAN'T BRING US DOWN!

My the internet has just hardened me, but I can't seem to work up any offended feelings over that. In fact I can see an argument for it being a positive message.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 06, 2010, 12:29:48 AM
My the internet has just hardened me, but I can't seem to work up any offended feelings over that. In fact I can see an argument for it being a positive message.

Now that is APPALLING!! :mad:

DisturbedPervert

Grey Fox

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 06, 2010, 02:14:58 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 05, 2010, 07:55:10 PM
Big School, 1700 students.

Really?  Mine had like ~2500.

High school? Damn. My highschool was the 3rd biggest in Quebec & we didn't crack the 1000 students.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 06, 2010, 07:10:05 AM

High school? Damn. My highschool was the 3rd biggest in Quebec & we didn't crack the 1000 students.
Canada is a rather sparsely populated place.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

My highschool had 3,000 students, but was not considered a big school.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Thats inhuman.
To do some quick maths right now mine had maybe 600 or so and was pretty big.
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

Well, we had some spillover from a black neighbourhood. A new school was built to house them, but that was not because of size constraints- the campus had multiple buildings you walked to, like a college-, but because it was in a suburb of memphis, and nobody wanted their snowflake to have to go to school with black people.

The black people themselves complained a bit about being segregated into a new school, so the system was that students in germantown at the time were grandfathered in, so the school got less coloured with every year. Unfortunately, this started in my junior year, so I never noticed an appreciable change.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tamas

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 06, 2010, 09:46:53 AM
Well, we had some spillover from a black neighbourhood. A new school was built to house them, but that was not because of size constraints- the campus had multiple buildings you walked to, like a college-, but because it was in a suburb of memphis, and nobody wanted their snowflake to have to go to school with black people.

The black people themselves complained a bit about being segregated into a new school, so the system was that students in germantown at the time were grandfathered in, so the school got less coloured with every year. Unfortunately, this started in my junior year, so I never noticed an appreciable change.

raciss

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on January 06, 2010, 09:09:10 AM

Agreed but having school that size explains why American school have so much trouble with their students.

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 06, 2010, 12:29:48 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on January 05, 2010, 03:45:17 PM
And what is the fashionable, young Arab-American man wearing you ask:

The boys, all of whom are of Arabic descent and of the 2011 graduating class, wore sweatshirts with "11" made to look like two buildings on the back. There was also the school "thunderbird" mascot apparently flying at the numerals. One the bottom of the hoodie sweatshirts was the slogan, "You can't bring us down."
YOU CAN'T BRING US DOWN!

The internet hardens me on a regular basis.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 06, 2010, 09:56:18 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 06, 2010, 09:09:10 AM

Agreed but having school that size explains why American school have so much trouble with their students.

Nobody wants to pay the levies for new schools.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive