News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on December 11, 2009, 09:53:21 AM
Nevermind. It was "The GAme". Season Five. Ep. Six.

Thanks.  ;)
Ah yes.  Back when Ashley Judd was hot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 12, 2009, 08:58:40 PM
Is it a used bookstore?
I'm a sucker for those places.  :blush:

new and used.

He won't put his stuff on amazon marketplace. At least he took my other piece of advice to sell more religious books. Those sales saved his bacon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on December 11, 2009, 09:39:45 AM
Does anyone remember that STNG episode when Ryker brings in some sort of Virtual Reality-like headsets and everyone on the Enterprise starts playing this computer game and gets addicted? Does anyone remember what it was called? Or what season it was in?
I remember that episode. What was the point though when they have the holodeck?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on December 13, 2009, 08:52:13 AM
Quote from: Josephus on December 11, 2009, 09:53:21 AM
Nevermind. It was "The GAme". Season Five. Ep. Six.

Thanks.  ;)
Ah yes.  Back when Ashley Judd was hot.

she still is. In a sort of older woman kind of way.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

There is a case in our Constitutional Court concerning the EU data retention directive that mandates to keep all communication connections for six month (not the content, just the fact that there was communication).

One of the many plaintiffs is a politician who entered her complaint while still being in opposition. Nowadays she is the federal minister of justice, meaning she is the person supposed to defend that law. She recused herself from that because of her personal conflicts and delegated the task to someone else.

Admiral Yi

Lincoln Logs were invented by Frank Lloyd Wright's son.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 13, 2009, 09:27:17 AM
Does anyone remember that STNG episode when Ryker brings in some sort of Virtual Reality-like headsets and everyone on the Enterprise starts playing this computer game and gets addicted? Does anyone remember what it was called? Or what season it was in?
There are fewer Holodecks than there are crewmembers.  Even in the amazing communist future to come, some resources have to be rationed due to scarcity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on December 13, 2009, 09:26:59 PM
There are fewer Holodecks than there are crewmembers.  Even in the amazing communist future to come, some resources have to be rationed due to scarcity.

Only the officers got to play with it. It was sort of an aritstorcatic communism.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 13, 2009, 09:15:56 AM
Is it a used bookstore?

new and used.

He won't put his stuff on amazon marketplace. At least he took my other piece of advice to sell more religious books. Those sales saved his bacon.

I buy most of my used books from Amazon.com. Why won't he sell online? I'll help him out quite a lot, I think.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on December 13, 2009, 10:56:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 13, 2009, 09:26:59 PM

Only the officers got to play with it. It was sort of an aritstorcatic communism.
How do we know that? Just because that's all we saw doesn't mean that's all who used it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Quote from: Josephus on December 13, 2009, 10:56:24 PM

And that's why I'm going to be an officer!
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 14, 2009, 12:34:43 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 13, 2009, 09:15:56 AM
Is it a used bookstore?

new and used.

I buy most of my used books from Amazon.com. Why won't he sell online? I'll help him out quite a lot, I think.

He's lazy. I might feel that way too, considering the inventory isn't computerized.

Ed Anger

I've seen it all now. A middle school play based on a D&D adventure:

PDH

I call being the paladin who kills all the goblins.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

I got a perfect score on my Electrical Engineering final exam!  A+ for me!  :smarty:

Hah!  Suck it you 18 year old geeks!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."