News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

So, we've received about 15-20 cm of snow in the last 48 hours, which is highly unusual this far inland.  Most of the roads are totally shit.  So, yesterday I drove my wife to the Butterdome (the university's arena that looks like it is constructed out of yellow bricks of butter) for the craft show she was going to with my mother.  Afterwards, it was about 2 in the afternoon, and I was getting hungry, so I decide I'm going to McDonald's for a cheeseburger and a small fry.  I pull into the lot, and rather than using the drivethrough, I notice a nice, cleared area to park in.  I park the car, and walk towards the door.  All of the sudden, I hear a short blast of a siren right behind me.  I turn around to see an SUV backing into the stall next to mine, and three large navy blue Suburbans with flashing lights surround him, and a ghost car cut off the entrance to the parking lot.  Then, six guys with submachineguns pile out of the SUVs and one guy starts shouting at him to turn off the ignition and put his hands on the wheel.

I go in, get my cheeseburger and small fry, and then come out, when I realize the horrible truth.  I can't get to my car because of all the machineguns and SUVs and whatnot.  So, I hang around and wait for them to clear up, watch them search the guy.  They were actually rather quick, which I appreciated.  According to one of the plainclothes officers hanging around, the guy was a suspect in a shooting.

I live in a rather nice neighborhood, so I found it interesting.  You don't see that every day.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Cool story, probably deserves it's own thread though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2009, 01:33:54 AM
How do you fit a tree that big in your house? You have an open living room Beeb, with the second floor set a bit back?

Aye.

Could theoretically have gotten close to 20', but with no way to decorate the top.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DisturbedPervert

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Eddie Teach

You've taken to watching boy bands Tim?  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

I managed to make it to work alive. FJ FTW.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Oh, and get this: My workplace has a policy that if the school district cancels school due to weather (it has done so today), then we can also take the day off without using vacation time or anything. I found this out AFTER I GOT TO WORK.

:lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2009, 09:49:06 AM
You've taken to watching boy bands Tim?  :lol:
No, but that stuff is inescapable here.

1 Karma Chameleon point

syk

Nightwatches suck arse. Socially dysfuntional, ADHD ridden, encopretic, diarrhetic arse with tic spasms and tourette wailings.