News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Ah. The sixties were so innocent.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Thats real?
Its so....perfectly wrong.
██████
██████
██████

Pat

Cool, I can get 100 mb/s broadband, and it's only insignificantly more expensive than my currect 24 mb plan that expires soon anyway.

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on November 20, 2009, 10:11:01 AM
Thats real?
Its so....perfectly wrong.

Wasn't the Big Scare those days the global cooling and new ice age?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

Nature is disgusting.
The cat is giving birth (in the living room). 2 blobs and counting.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on November 21, 2009, 07:25:17 AM
Nature is disgusting.

Once a newborn cat was coming out of our cat in two pieces. Was. Not. Nice.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tamas on November 21, 2009, 07:27:32 AM
Nature is disgusting.

Once a newborn cat was coming out of our cat in two pieces. Was. Not. Nice.

Duct tape.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josephus

Nature is disgusting.

Eat the placenta before mother cat does. It's supposed to be good for you.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on November 21, 2009, 10:01:12 AM

Eat the placenta before mother cat does. It's supposed to be good for you.
I suggested that to my flatmate. He wasn't enthusiastic- he touched one of the kittens when it was still slimy which put him right off anything.

They seem to be all out, 5 of them.
There seems to be more black ones than last time- which is interesting as the black one of the last lot she had is the one that was kept.

What is odd is that the other cat seems really put out by her mam having some new kittens. She's being really withdrawn and not her normal hyperactive self.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Took Tommy over to my parents' house last night for dinner.  Just before dinner my dad had the news on & there was an interview of some sort with President Obama.  Tommy points up at the screen & yells "football player!!!!"  :blush: :Embarrass: :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

To be fair, he's so obsessed with football he's prone to point at most anything and yell 'football player'.  Just thought the Obama thing was funny if embarrassing.

Would it have been worse if he had said 'basketball player'?  I guess not, since Obama does play hoops.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall