News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Aren't there some iconic Concord characters?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Sheilbh

Not often I cheer the Daily Mail in a clash in front of the press regulator - but glad the importance of being rude about bad tax avoiding types selling fraudulent investment schemes that destroy people's savings has been preserved :lol:
QuotePress Gazette
@pressgazette
Press regulator IPSO has ruled that the Daily Mail was OK to call Douglas Barrowman a "roly-poly Scottish businessman" with "cocktail-sausage fingers" whose "dubious tax avoidance schemes ruined thousands and led to two suicides"
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Every now and then the Daily Mail does something worthwhile.

Which is a shame in some ways as it helps them keep market share. Unlike the Express, now reduced to a few tens of thousands of deranged octogenarians and thus ignorable.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 12, 2024, 06:09:57 AMEvery now and then the Daily Mail does something worthwhile.

Which is a shame in some ways as it helps them keep market share. Unlike the Express, now reduced to a few tens of thousands of deranged octogenarians and thus ignorable.
Yes. I always feel like the perception of a paper's influence is still very much based on circulation numbers which is basically not that relevant any more.

When it comes to reading digital news the top two sources in the UK are the Daily Mail and the Guardian - which I feel explains a lot :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I went to a concert for the first time in a while.
Pom Poko.

£7 beer.
What.
The.
Hell.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I have tickets for Coldplay in Toronto for next July. My gf 40 years old birthday gift.

It's 2 monthly mortgage payments.

:cry:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2024, 04:40:23 PMI have tickets for Coldplay in Toronto for next July. My gf 40 years  old birthday gift.

It's 2 monthly mortgage payments.

:cry:

If it makes you feel any better, it wouldn't even be one month's mortgage payment in Toronto. ;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Man, fixing the radio in my car will put me back 650 dollars. :glare:  The problem isn't just the radio doesn't work, it's that it plays weird static at full volume when I drive.  It's very annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 15, 2024, 08:04:42 PMMan, fixing the radio in my car will put me back 650 dollars. :glare:  The problem isn't just the radio doesn't work, it's that it plays weird static at full volume when I drive.  It's very annoying.

It is hard to get away with spending less than 1000 dollars whenever you take your car in these days  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on October 15, 2024, 08:04:42 PMMan, fixing the radio in my car will put me back 650 dollars. :glare:  The problem isn't just the radio doesn't work, it's that it plays weird static at full volume when I drive.  It's very annoying.

Can you just pull a fuse to disconnect the radio entirely?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on October 16, 2024, 09:42:22 AM

It is hard to get away with spending less than 1000 dollars whenever you take your car in these days  :(

You may have been scammed.  A new radio with all the bells and whistles, including back up cameras and a nice display from Alpine will cost about 200.  The instal cost wouldn't be much more.

Josquius

Yes...That sounds quite mad.
Unles, Raz's car:

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I think it's a fair price.

Uninstalling and reinstalling a dashboard takes time and per hour cost is around 120$ at dealerships nowadays.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

An independent stereo shop would likely be a bit cheaper - but do those even exist anymore?

It's funny how fads come and go - getting a custom car stereo used to be super common, but I don't think anyone bothers anymore.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.