News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on February 19, 2022, 11:17:45 AM
Picture from a meal at the Munich Security Conference.
[...]
This forced diversity everywhere these days is completely out of control!  :P
I saw a woman from the ECFR say this is bad, but it's unfair because the MSC has made a concerted effort to include more women and 45% of attendees are women this year. Then she posted a photo of herself and three other women - who were all middle-aged, white women who looked very similar and three appeared to be wearing the same dress. I feel it was a less effective rebuttal than she'd hoped :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 19, 2022, 12:10:13 PM
Hey, they've got some with hair and some without.  :P

I'm reminded of the photo of Armin Laschet with CDU candidates for local elections from a few years back :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I mean these are European countries right? Aren't they like 90+% white or something despite all the replacement genocide they are being subjected to? :P

And besides it is not like their mostly Arab and North African immigrants are going to look that much different after a few generations.

Of course they could probably have a few women there I suppose  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

It was the CEO Lunch as part of the security conference. The CEO of Siemens has replied to Tweets that yes, it looks bad, and they will change it for next year. (Probably by excluding photographers :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2022, 02:05:36 PM
I mean these are European countries right? Aren't they like 90+% white or something despite all the replacement genocide they are being subjected to? :P

And besides it is not like their mostly Arab and North African immigrants are going to look that much different after a few generations.

Yeah, I believe that the population of Europe is about 50% female.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on February 19, 2022, 02:45:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2022, 02:05:36 PM

Yeah, I believe that the population of Europe is about 50% female.

Considering the age of most Euro countries I would assume it is actually higher than that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

There is a woke rebel in the CDU pic wearing a pinkish shirt  :o

Sheilbh

Starting to get hyped for Eurovision :ph34r:

Just seen Norway's entries "Give the Wolf a Banana" (a take on Red Riding Hood) - and I quite liked it. I also really liked the Ukrainian entry but I believe the artist's been disqualified because she falsified her travel documents to hide a trip to occupied Crimea, so they need to choose someone else.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on February 19, 2022, 09:01:26 AM
To me, it's interesting how these genetic testing services are actually uncovering old secrets like that.

I totally agree. I found out that my uncle had a love child when he was 17. He's 81 now. Hello, new cousin!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Tyr on February 19, 2022, 11:09:04 AM
Quote from: merithyn on February 19, 2022, 08:30:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 19, 2022, 07:23:24 AM
What a horrid woman.

You don't know her circumstances. It could have been intensely painful to her to see these children. It could be that it wasn't an affair, but rather rape.

Don't judge what you don't know.

And the children?
Their whole lives wondering who their mother is, they finally track her down and all they get is a fuck off?

They each had a mother that loved them. This was just their incubator.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Quote from: merithyn on February 19, 2022, 05:23:10 PM
[
They each had a mother that loved them. This was just their incubator.

We can only assume and hope. Who knows what their life was like, whether they were adopted and how those parents were.
Some adopted people don't much care to know about their birth parents but for many others it is a pretty big deal. They hope it can help shed light on why they are the way they are.

Expecting the woman to suddenly become a full mother figure for them is asking too much. But refusing to have anything to do with them when they specifically reached out to her... That's pretty bitchy. Any excuse for not even being diplomatic about it better be pretty darn good.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Their main interest seems to have been finding other siblings, if any.

What I understand is that the brother and sister were pretty happy to find out about each other through the DNA service & established a relationship, with each other.

I got the impression from the note that what they were annoyed about, was that their biological mother refused to tell them if there were, or were not, other siblings out there.

Maybe she had her reasons, to respect their privacy (if they exist). If they don't exist, why not say so, though? My impression, from my parents who knew the woman from folk dancing, was that she wasn't very nice; a bitter, sour sort. But then, we don't know what sort of life experiences she had.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

A bitter, sour sort who went folk dancing?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 19, 2022, 07:38:27 PM
A bitter, sour sort who went folk dancing?  :hmm:

Two things elderly Jewish women all appear to do, or at least, my mother's friends and relations: folk dance, and play mahjong, gambling for small stakes. Somehow, these two activities are universal.

The funny part is that mahjong was originally a Chinese game. For some reason it was adopted wholesale by Jewish women (I've never heard of a man playing it).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Huh, never heard of Jewish folk dancing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.