The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on November 23, 2021, 06:16:02 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 23, 2021, 05:38:57 AM

According to wiki there are two towns and three castles named Lichtenstein all over Germany
One is close to where I live and is a pretty spectacular 19th century "fake" built buring the romantic era (similar to Neuschwanstein or Hohenzollern).

Too many windows and they're too big.  :yucky:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Eddie Teach

It's not a defensive structure.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 24, 2021, 06:07:01 AM
It's not a defensive structure.

Indeed, it appears Tim finds it offensive.

The Brain

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Sweden now has its first ever female PM. Sweden is ruled by a woman for the first time in 300 years.

Threviel

The last time we ended up with the age of freedom, so this'll be fun.

The Brain

And then we got fucking Gustav III who is still worshipped by people who should know better.

Threviel

Well, Kristina before that left off to the Carolin kings and royal absolution, so it's a mixed bag with female heads of government.

Habbaku

Quote from: The Brain on November 24, 2021, 11:19:41 AM
Sweden now has its first ever female PM. Sweden is ruled by a woman for the first time in 300 years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59400539

:lol:

QuoteSweden's first female PM resigns hours after appointment

Magdalena Andersson, was announced as leader on Wednesday but resigned after her coalition partner quit the government and her budget failed to pass.

Instead, parliament voted for a budget drawn-up by the opposition which includes the anti-immigrant far right.

"I have told the speaker that I wish to resign," Ms Andersson told reporters.

Her coalition partner, the Greens Party said it could not accept a budget "drafted for the first time with the far-right".

Ms Andersson said that she hoped to to try to become prime minister again as a single party government leader.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

read some more and the article was saying Sweden's third largest party has ties to the neo-nazi movement. that can't be right... can it? :unsure:

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on November 24, 2021, 01:29:31 PM
read some more and the article was saying Sweden's third largest party has ties to the neo-nazi movement. that can't be right... can it? :unsure:
Has been so for a while sadly.
Though worth remembering Sweden is a proper democracy with a bunch of parties so you can be 3rd biggest with well under 20% of the vote.
██████
██████
██████