News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

A friend of my wife's who is roughly your age Raz will have her gallbladder removed soon. It sucks that it needs to be done but you are hardly alone, if that's any consolation.   

Razgovory

The bigger problem is the Pancreatitis.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

How to get past German customs:

https://youtu.be/UeGjQHwpzJA

Though [spoiler]the trains being on time ... not sure how true that is anymore.[/spoiler]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Agelastus

Good news!

Got my Tesco deliveries for Christmas booked within 40 minutes of the slots opening (unlike the 3 and a 1/4 hours wait of last year.) :)

Bad news!

My Fridge Freezer has stopped working. :(

Couldn't I have just waited 3 and a 1/4 hours on Tesco again this year as my bad luck of the moment. :cry:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

Interesting:

Still think occupation is too high in most countries (also love that hobbies is so high in the UK :lol:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

What is "General Positive"?  :huh:

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 18, 2021, 03:17:12 PM
Interesting:

Still think occupation is too high in most countries (also love that hobbies is so high in the UK :lol:).

Wow.  "Faith" comes up exactly once, in the US, in 5th place.  At first I thought it might have just not been considered a valid response and missed entirey.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Turns out faith is just a rhetorical tool of the American Right.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on November 18, 2021, 03:21:24 PM
I don't know - maybe the general positive stuff in life is what gives it meaning? But I do wish the pollster had challenged that a bit for a real answer :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2021, 03:51:43 PM
Turns out faith is just a rhetorical tool of the American Right.

Fuck off.  It would've made my top 5.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 18, 2021, 03:56:05 PM
Quote from: Zanza on November 18, 2021, 03:21:24 PM
I don't know - maybe the general positive stuff in life is what gives it meaning? But I do wish the pollster had challenged that a bit for a real answer :blush:

:yes:

It was open-ended question, so that will just be the name for the net they coded the general positive reasons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Canadians care less about friends than Americans!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

The English speaking world does not find meaning in their health - which tracks :lol: :ph34r: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Is Freedom 4th in West Taiwan as well?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2021, 04:08:21 PM
Canadians care less about friends than Americans!

Anyone who draws meaning in life from a 90s sitcom has serious problems. :contract: