News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on November 01, 2021, 07:19:41 PM
Flying boats are only beaten by Ekranoplans.  :)

For the ten years that the single operational Ekranoplan worked, maybe.  One plane for ten years probably doesn't beat thousands of planes for 109 years.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Little holiday on Kent coast. Anthony Gormley's beach men get around.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on October 29, 2021, 07:57:39 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 29, 2021, 07:56:37 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 29, 2021, 07:46:17 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 29, 2021, 07:33:03 AM
Also Mono is MIA, he hasn't posted or been on Languish in nearly 4 month; CCP finally got him?

His Back room thread got moderated & the long con was up.

The long conversation?

Did he go off in a huff?
He got tempbanned and never came back.

He didn't get temp banned. His thread got locked for a little under a week before it was unlocked again.

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on November 01, 2021, 08:48:45 PM
Quote from: mongers on November 01, 2021, 07:19:41 PM
Flying boats are only beaten by Ekranoplans.  :)

For the ten years that the single operational Ekranoplan worked, maybe.  One plane for ten years probably doesn't beat thousands of planes for 109 years.  :P

I like how Battletech has detailed rules for ground-effect vehicles. I wonder how many players use them. But then they have rules for combines, so...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on November 02, 2021, 04:15:30 PM
He didn't get temp banned. His thread got locked for a little under a week before it was unlocked again.

Correction noted. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rethink-halloween-costumes-affect-children-114054829.html

This article irrationally enrages me more than it should.
American woman in the UK whinging about how the UK is doing Halloween wrong because... Kids dress up in horror themed costumes.
Wut? No! No no no no no.
That's back to front.
It's modern idiots who are dressing up like whatever the fuck they want who are doing it wrong.
The entire point of halloween is scary shit. It's what its all about. Buzz fucking lightyear is not a valid Halloween costume.

That they then skew their direction to attack the crappiness and waste of halloween, a very valid point, further enrages me for mixing it up with nonsense.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2021, 05:15:46 AM
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rethink-halloween-costumes-affect-children-114054829.html

This article irrationally enrages me more than it should.
American woman in the UK whinging about how the UK is doing Halloween wrong because... Kids dress up in horror themed costumes.
Wut? No! No no no no no.
That's back to front.
It's modern idiots who are dressing up like whatever the fuck they want who are doing it wrong.
The entire point of halloween is scary shit. It's what its all about. Buzz fucking lightyear is not a valid Halloween costume.

That they then skew their direction to attack the crappiness and waste of halloween, a very valid point, further enrages me for mixing it up with nonsense.

Yeah, just take a deep breath and move on.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

https://twitter.com/jakecoco/status/1455707693856051203?s=20

QuoteOn this day in 2002 Kelly Rowland texted Nelly via Microsoft excel and got visibly upset when he didn't reply

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Why do I so often leave the unpleasant chores till after midnight, be it the bins or like the cat* litter tray I just graded and topped up?    :hmm:

* Incidentally a rather resourceful feral cat, it used the tray straight away, despite not having seen one before.
If it can't work out something for itself, it only ever needs to be shown once.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

You showed it how to use the litter tray?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Reading an interview with the regional justice minister she says that out of the 7300 immates in Catalonia, 538 are women. I was aware of the gender disparity in prison, but wasn't aware it was so acute. Is it the same in other places?

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on November 04, 2021, 01:41:34 AM
Reading an interview with the regional justice minister she says that out of the 7300 immates in Catalonia, 538 are women. I was aware of the gender disparity in prison, but wasn't aware it was so acute. Is it the same in other places?

In Sweden it's 94% men and 6% women (1 Oct 2020).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: The Brain on November 04, 2021, 03:51:56 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 04, 2021, 01:41:34 AM

In Sweden it's 94% men and 6% women (1 Oct 2020).

Roughly the same in the Netherlands. But we've been importing prisoners from Norway, maybe there's a Scandi bias  :)