News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Goblins are famously risk averse. Especially when pregnant.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

The customer is always right.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 30, 2021, 11:47:32 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2021, 11:33:24 AM
Is it really controversial to say Macron is centre right? :blink:

I don't know and I don't care.

I guess the question I'm trying to get at is the subjectivity and relativity of calling someone center right or center left.

For example if we look at the policies Shelf mentioned, he views them as center right because they were a move from the left to the right.

But isn't it just as logical to view them as moves from the center left to the center-center?  The wealth tax for example.  A tax on wealth is not IMO a center right policy. 

The centre is razor thin. You have to be marginally one way or the other. Centre remains the overriding factor but there's always a leaning.
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

The eruption is still going strong. Here's a link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1I-0PUhFmU Hiked up to it last weekend. My boys were absolutely ecstatic. It never got old tossing snowballs into the lava and watching them boil and steam away in an instant. Some think this is a shield volcano in the making so could continue erupting for a long, long time. The flow is remarkably steady.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Earth's pimples are cool. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2021, 03:40:57 PM
The centre is razor thin. You have to be marginally one way or the other. Centre remains the overriding factor but there's always a leaning.

What is the basis for these statements?

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 30, 2021, 04:18:06 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2021, 03:40:57 PM

What is the basis for these statements?
The nature of binaries.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 30, 2021, 02:15:14 PM
The set for the Scottish leaders debate reminds me of the Trump-Saudi globe:

did you watch the debate? who do you think won?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on March 30, 2021, 04:47:19 PM
did you watch the debate? who do you think won?
I didn't so I've no idea.

My timeline is biased, inevitably - but everyone seems to agree that Douglas Ross the new Scottish Tory leader had a bad night (from one Tory commentator - Nicola Sturgeon had the worst debate "but, fair play to him, Douglas Ross tried to out-awful her" :lol:). It also seems like everyone agrees that Anas Sarwar the new Scottish Labour leader did very well - first opportunity to really cut through to voters and it went well. No consensus on Sturgeon and, bless them, the Greens and Lib Dems are just happy to be invited.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Interesting difference in the US legal system - the judge in the Floyd trial (which I am listening to in the background) just admonished a witness not to add information when she is asked a question in cross.  She was directed to answer only the question she is asked.  That is very different in our courts (at least civil courts) where the witness is entitled to add what they think is pertinent to give a full answer to the question and judges are generally very stern when counsel try to cut off a witness.

Josquius

This is quite excellent.
Anyone house hunting down south?
Check this one out
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/104614352

Go through to view the map and then drop street view right outside the place :ph34r: :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Tonitrus

I presume not many routine situations have the UK coppers bring out the long guns.  :P