News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

The Smithsonian Online has a spotlight on rock posters The Art of Rock and Roll:

I'm a fan of the 60s era ones as they have a trippy DIY look to them; but they cover all eras.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

merithyn

Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2021, 01:58:51 PM
It seems that Piers Morgan has been canned.

Given how he shamed his costar about what she wore on the set, he should be. What an unmitigated ass. :angry:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

HVC

He'll be back. He's like a shit Phoenix.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

It is kind of odd this has been deemed across the line for Morgan. He has been a horrid human for some time.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on March 09, 2021, 05:01:56 PM
It is kind of odd this has been deemed across the line for Morgan. He has been a horrid human for some time.

He up and walked out in the middle of the show.  It's more he quit than he was fired.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: merithyn on March 09, 2021, 04:28:03 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 09, 2021, 01:58:51 PM
It seems that Piers Morgan has been canned.

Given how he shamed his costar about what she wore on the set, he should be. What an unmitigated ass. :angry:
Do you mean the thing he did this morning, or was that another event because it could be either?

QuoteIt is kind of odd this has been deemed across the line for Morgan. He has been a horrid human for some time.
He was the editor of a newspaper that published a forged picture of British soldiers pissing on Iraqi prisoners. In the US a journalist's career is killed by plagiarism; in Germany your political career can be killed because you failed to use the proper footnotes in your PHD thesis. And yet we have Piers Morgan and Boris Johnson - both from our media <_< :bleeding:

Although it has ever been thus - as Marina Hyde pointed out when she "started as a secretary on the Sun, the paper's chief reporter had been allowed back to work after being convicted of strangling and drowning his wife" but then Hyde, despite all her very good, caustic columns doesn't really ever go in on Piers Morgan because he was very helpful early in her career.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9rX6Ifzhw

Piers Morgan's walk off clip.

I haven't watched the whole thing.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2021, 05:17:43 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 09, 2021, 05:01:56 PM

He up and walked out in the middle of the show.  It's more he quit than he was fired.

Though he wimped out and came back.

Eddie Teach

I did watch it. Didn't see him walk off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Man, da Feds sure are a lot quicker about taking your tax payments than they are about giving you your refund.  :glare:

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2021, 06:21:27 PM
Man, da Feds sure are a lot quicker about taking your tax payments than they are about giving you your refund.  :glare:

Do you not do direct deposit? I got my refund in literal days.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on March 09, 2021, 06:30:10 PM
Do you not do direct deposit? I got my refund in literal days.

Bien sur.  But grabbing the payment only took two days and it seems the refund takes at least a smidge longer, like six or seven.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2021, 06:21:27 PM

Oddly they had done a great job the past decade or so giving me fast service. I had been joking a lot about what great fast service the IRS has been providing me :P

But this year something is really off over there. I have heard rumors they are super behind and understaffed these days but no details. They have not processed my tax return yet and I filed in January. Usually they do it all super fast.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points