News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2021, 05:10:50 PM
Tremendous tongue in cheek BBC report from 1964. The Spanish are clearly not British, and this reporter has worked out why:
https://twitter.com/bbcarchive/status/1366685712297394177?s=21
Wtf is that :lol:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

The mice part was really surreal.  :lol:

Also, if I ate a full British breakfast everyday I'd probably spend the morning sleeping it off.

Sheilbh

I also love his accent. It's something that's so unique old-school posh - the only comparison I have is Tim Curry in Rocky Horror. But here I think it's just his voice :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: grumbler on March 02, 2021, 07:23:54 PM
Meri, are you an Illini basketball fan?  They're playing Michigan right now.

I'm not. I'm a Hawkeye. Though I do tend to root against Michigan whenever I get the chance.  ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Completely random youtube discovery.
Each Radiohead album described with Peep Show
:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbSy5Z6m3u4
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on March 03, 2021, 09:18:16 AM
Completely random youtube discovery.
Each Radiohead album described with Peep Show
:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbSy5Z6m3u4

I watched that video yesterday. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

So apparently there was another strong Balkan earthquake, this time in Greece.

I remember reading here about Iceland's 800 years dormant volcano going at it.

Was 2020 just the warmup? :unsure:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 03, 2021, 05:36:13 AM
I also love his accent. It's something that's so unique old-school posh - the only comparison I have is Tim Curry in Rocky Horror. But here I think it's just his voice :lol:

I loved that clip. 

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on March 03, 2021, 11:27:54 AM

2012 II: 2021
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

2012, 2021. Mayans did typos too.

QuoteI watched that video yesterday. :hmm:

That...is weird....
I wonder if we have the same channels on subscribe or something?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

German Aldi advertises St. Paddy Day donuts.

:bowler: :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

The local civil defense has kicked into overdrive now following todays' earthquake data showing these typical shallow pulses just before an eruption. We'll know soon enough. Although it's been 800 years the most likely scenario if it erupts is a small, contained, "postcard" one, where a fissure opens up, spews lava for a week or 2, then dies down. It's not subglacial or anything so there shouldn't be any disruption to international flights for instance. The constant earthquakes were annoying at first but you get used to them. People are of course a bit nervous since the epicenter is only 30 minutes from Reykjavík and of course the area last erupted in the first decade of the 13th century.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on March 03, 2021, 02:13:54 PM
The local civil defense has kicked into overdrive now following todays' earthquake data showing these typical shallow pulses just before an eruption. We'll know soon enough. Although it's been 800 years the most likely scenario if it erupts is a small, contained, "postcard" one, where a fissure opens up, spews lava for a week or 2, then dies down. It's not subglacial or anything so there shouldn't be any disruption to international flights for instance. The constant earthquakes were annoying at first but you get used to them. People are of course a bit nervous since the epicenter is only 30 minutes from Reykjavík and of course the area last erupted in the first decade of the 13th century.  :hmm:

Good luck.

viper37

Conservatives have finally found a way to reduce pre-marital sex

Casual sex among young adults has declined due to decline in drinking, an increase in computer gaming, and more young adults living with their parents. ;)

And I keep telling you about the benefits of alcohol vs pot smoking! Ah!

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Legbiter on March 03, 2021, 02:13:54 PM

The best part however, will be watching news anchor all around the world trying to pronounce one of these 30 letters volcano name! :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.