News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

A more important metric is how many trains end up at the correct destinations.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

The box says that the standard is up to 5 minutes, although not all countries follow it. I reached out to my rail nut friend and he tells me that Spanish trains follow it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on February 24, 2021, 04:59:56 PM
I read Norman Mailer's book. Is it true that Oswald liked doing the wife in the butt?

Nobody answered this very important question.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on February 24, 2021, 01:25:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 24, 2021, 11:31:26 AM
I wonder to what extent the rise in "bisexual" is down to the fact that amongst the online woke population being identified as white-cis-het is a negative, and while you can't do anything about your skin colour and most aren't going to transition, it's quite easy to just call yourself bisexual even if your partners have been exclusively opposite sex.

Just one theory.

I also think that there's a time in one's life where experimentation happens, and it's usually in the late-high school/early college years. I know I did, only to realize that I really wasn't interested in women like that. I enjoy the female body as a work of art, but not in a sexual way. That's much more the case today as there is far less "baggage" in experimenting now than there used to be.

But had I not experimented - or been given the freedom to do so by the people I was around - I wouldn't have known. I think that bit gets lost in these kinds of conversations.

Just saw this piece.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/spenceralthouse/straight-men-gay-hookup-stories?ref=hpsplash

QuoteSex between consenting adults can be a fun, funny, and even awkward experience, and sometimes those experiences are more about, well, experimenting. So we asked straight men of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about their same-sex hookup encounters. Here are the eye-opening results.

And before we get started, if you're having trouble coming to terms with this article, here's a good explainer from one of our commenters:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Say what you want to about Macron but he makes the trains run on time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

i found out i work with a q-anoner today. i'm sad.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: HVC on February 25, 2021, 03:17:18 PM
i found out i work with a q-anoner today. i'm sad.

It's a conspiracy to undermine you, without you noticing he's already stolen all of your capital letters.   :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

I was following the story today of gymnastics coach John Geddert being charged with multiple crimes.  Larry Nassar and John Geddert worked in tandem: Geddert did the "tough coaching", and his friend Nassar did the "therapy".  Today Geddert was charged with sexual assault and multiple counts of human trafficking.  The prosecutor allowed Geddert to turn himself in, but Geddert decided to turn himself in to hell instead.

Is it common for people charged with crimes that could give them life in prison to be allowed to turn themselves in?  It seems kind of obvious that a 63-year old facing life in prison might do something other than report to jail.

Sheilbh

From Duncan Weldon of the Economist, 95% sure this is just a metaphor :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Oexmelin

It's McKinsey. I'd revise that number downwards.
Que le grand cric me croque !

celedhring

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/angelina-jolie-winston-churchill-painting-scli-intl/index.html

Angelina Jolie is selling Winston Churchill's only wartime painting, gifted to her by Brad Pitt

That's the kind of memorabilia I'd expect somebody from Languish to have, not Hollywood actors. So, who of you is Brad Pitt?  :huh:

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2021, 02:45:27 AM
https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/angelina-jolie-winston-churchill-painting-scli-intl/index.html

Angelina Jolie is selling Winston Churchill's only wartime painting, gifted to her by Brad Pitt

That's the kind of memorabilia I'd expect somebody from Languish to have, not Hollywood actors. So, who of you is Brad Pitt?  :huh:

I'm often told I remind people of Early. :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2021, 02:45:27 AM

Nah. Too valuable for Languish.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 25, 2021, 05:43:26 PM
From Duncan Weldon of the Economist, 95% sure this is just a metaphor :ph34r:

It has become all the rage in consulting circles.  You may wish to purchase shares in janitorial service providers - those rituals make a big mess.

Tamas