News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Queen still has my favorite song about girls with large posteriors.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2020, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: Zanza on December 15, 2020, 05:42:29 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 15, 2020, 05:06:11 PM
Dude, no offence meant, but given your track record in the forum you've always appeared, at least to me, as an old man trapped in a younger man's body, so you're not really growing old but physically catching up with your mentality.  :P
:lol: To be fair he lost his libertarian edgelord stances and mellowed out, which I find much more sympathetic.  :hug: Not sure if that's age or his move to the UK.

I don't think i ever was that edgelordy, but for sure I was libertarian. That I have mellowed out on thanks to growing older and having given up hope on the world. :P I still consideral myself a classical liberal and moderate, which has always manifested in me here arguing mostly with left-field positions, and in real life with right-field ones. It has not gained me many friends in this brave new world of polarisation. :P

Otherwise I guess The Larch's comment is fair.  :lol:

Well in 2013, a top song worldwide was about date rape/lack of clear consent (Blurred Lines). I'm all for sex positivity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on December 16, 2020, 04:18:11 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 16, 2020, 02:59:31 AM
Regarding Cardi B's video, the music just doesn't appeal to me very much.  :P

Also there is such a thing as too big behinds.
"I hear you're a misogynist now, father" :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on December 16, 2020, 05:10:21 AM

Spinal Tap does mine.

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on December 16, 2020, 05:10:21 AM

Heh, couple of days ago I watch a dvd of the Queen video, it still a decent song, probably made better by being followed by the video to 'Bicycle Race' * :bowler:

* I wonder if the what's on Youtube is a censored version?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: Habbaku on December 15, 2020, 04:21:56 PM
You're definitely growing old, because it's hilarious. Lighten up, Shapiro.

I'm with Tamas. God that's horrible.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

The rocking chair delegation's opinion is recognized.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

The song is crap.  The video is crap.  The group is crap.  Here's an off color song that's infinitely better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2Y0_NO2fM

Eddie Teach

Two rappers doing a collaboration aren't, strictly speaking, a group.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on December 16, 2020, 10:18:11 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 15, 2020, 04:21:56 PM
You're definitely growing old, because it's hilarious. Lighten up, Shapiro.

I'm with Tamas. God that's horrible.

I'll join the old-timer brigade. There's no music to speak of and the rest is.... not for me.

Sheilbh

Just discovered Lionel Blair is still alive as he got his covid vaccine today (his 92nd birthday) :o :w00t:

This was a nice reversal of looking up how a celebrity I remember from childhood is doing and discovering they died a decade ago.

Edit: And apparently nurses are giving out stickers for people getting the vaccine just like they do for kids :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 16, 2020, 05:32:35 PM
Just discovered Lionel Blair is still alive as he got his covid vaccine today (his 92nd birthday) :o :w00t:

This was a nice reversal of looking up how a celebrity I remember from childhood is doing and discovering they died a decade ago.

Edit: And apparently nurses are giving out stickers for people getting the vaccine just like they do for kids :lol:

:cool:

Nice story, I'm glad the news is positive in both ways.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

"Hello, is it Iraq you're looking for?" :unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

On another chapter of "weird separatist parties" I've just found out about the Communist Catalan Comittees Party (PCCC) and I'm seriously rethinking my entire set of beliefs.