The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 17, 2020, 10:29:07 AM
:o :wub: :lol: Amazing.

When I saw that I wanted to post "Sheilbh is going to love this" but then notice you already have  :lol:

The Larch

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2020, 11:27:37 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 17, 2020, 11:13:06 AM
So many questions...

Workers of the World Split Up?

There's no point in looking for ideological coherence in this kind of super fringe parties.

My questions were more of the "is that kind of moustache acceptable in a revolutionary context?", or "how is a shiny bust of Lenin a proper room accesory in this day and age?" variety.  :P

celedhring

Here the Chairman meeting with the ambassador of The People's Republic of Korea during an official trip to Belarus to showcase the party's support of President Lukashenko.

The Larch

So is he a Cao de Benós wannabe?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on December 17, 2020, 11:31:30 AM
My questions were more of the "is that kind of moustache acceptable in a revolutionary context?", or "how is a shiny bust of Lenin a proper room accesory in this day and age?" variety.  :P
And that's before we turn to certain hair decisions being made by people in that photo :lol:

Edit: Incidentally, for Valmy, in the UK the main division on separatism on the far left seems to be whether they're Trotskyist or not. Trotskyists = broadly pro-independence/separatism/dissolution of the British state/Marxist-Leninists (including Maoists and Hoxhaists) = not opposed to independence but think it's a diversion and independence would not break the British state, class interests or army.

All the far-left support a united Ireland. Most of them also support leaving the EU and the Communist Party of Great Britain even encouraged their members to support the Brexit Party in the 2019 European elections if there wasn't a good Communist candidate in their region :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 17, 2020, 11:59:36 AM
And that's before we turn to certain hair decisions being made by people in that photo :lol:

I find the moustache even more puzzling.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 17, 2020, 11:59:36 AM

"Make the Mullet great again" failed. The shiny bust of Lenin has a T-800 vibe for some reason.  :hmm:

The Larch

Another question about the first pic, if you pan the camera around the room, how many other people will be there? 3? 5?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on December 17, 2020, 12:00:25 PM
I find the moustache even more puzzling.  :P
Oh agreed - so many bold decisions. And I think there's two more at the table plus the photographer.

Also I love the signifier of the little bottles of water in front of them. Reminds me of the tea cups at Chinese Party events:

And a reminder that formal meetings are soul-crushing whether you're in a communist regime or just the corporate rat race :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on December 17, 2020, 11:57:37 AM
So is he a Cao de Benós wannabe?

Have you seen The Mole? A documentary about a Danish man who infiltrates a North Korean friendship union and actually gets Cao de Benos to set him up in the weapons trade.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Just in case there were any doubt that the tories are the baddies....

BBC News - Jacob Rees-Mogg accuses Unicef of 'playing politics' over UK food campaign
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55354958
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on December 17, 2020, 03:30:40 PM
Just in case there were any doubt that the tories are the baddies....

BBC News - Jacob Rees-Mogg accuses Unicef of 'playing politics' over UK food campaign
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55354958

It looks like that's exactly what they are doing.