And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

The Larch

Sheilbh

Yeah - Sir Terence Conran. The man who designed the swinging sixties and revolutionised British design and food :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

And the paper rolls, is it a Covid reference or did somebody relevant to the proud history of the loo paper die?

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 06, 2020, 04:31:58 AM
And the paper rolls, is it a Covid reference or did somebody relevant to the proud history of the loo paper die?

Just a Covid reference, I think.

Sheilbh

On projects that were never built a proposal for Mexico City City Hall by Adolf Loos from the twenties :mmm:

It's a bit late for it but I hope it'd have Mesoamerican style concrete bricks like the Ennis House :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Loos built this bank across from the Hofburg 1912. It was quite maligned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looshaus

His German Wikipedia page has a good list of his projects: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Loos
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 07, 2020, 05:12:46 AM
Night trains, night trains, night trains! :w00t: :wub:
https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/en/new-night-trains-planned-between-berlin-and-european-hubs-li.124142

:w00t:

Now we just have to see prices and connections from Copenhagen and wait for the Femern Bridge.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Barcelona - Berlin.  :w00t:

I so have to do this once the world stops sucking.

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on December 07, 2020, 08:46:10 AM
Barcelona - Berlin.  :w00t:

I so have to do this once the world stops sucking.
The Sitges-Berlin Express :lol:

QuoteNow we just have to see prices and connections from Copenhagen and wait for the Femern Bridge.
I'm very keen on the Paris and Amsterdam trains because I could connect from Eurostar.

I did the old Paris-Berlin night train the year before it closed. Hopefully it'll be possible again.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Paris-Moscow, which I could not do in 2018. Some long train trips that year though 40h+ between Moscow and Sochi.

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 07, 2020, 10:17:09 AM
Paris-Moscow, which I could not do in 2018. Some long train trips that year though 40h+ between Moscow and Sochi.

What about Paris-Texas?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.