News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

:lol: I listen to a podcast by a gay on the internet about Paradise Lost and he posted about this a while ago. Apparently it was removed for its "unwholesome beauty" which has to be a goal.

Very hotly malevolent.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Yeah, I just don't see how the other statue is considered less sexy. They're both conventionally attractive half-nude young men (with demon wings). The main difference seems to be that the original looks a bit more boyish. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

First statue shows more skin, particularly around the groin area. Definitely more sexual.

Syt

For those missing their traveling, you can book live online guided tours done by local tour guides: https://www.virtualtrips.io/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2020, 02:29:20 AM
Yeah, I just don't see how the other statue is considered less sexy. They're both conventionally attractive half-nude young men (with demon wings). The main difference seems to be that the original looks a bit more boyish. :lol:
The first statue is a twink, the second is the next stage of their evolution :)
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Second statue looks full of emo angst imo  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Times of crisis bring out the best in people.

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Considering the amount of "where banana" or "reject humanity, return to monke" memes, I can see this happening.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

QuoteA man named after Adolf Hitler has won a local election in Namibia - but insists he has no plans for world domination.

Uunona Adolf Hitler, 54, was elected as a local politician for the town of Ompundja, in the north of the country, with 85% of the vote.

However, Mr Uunona - as he prefers to be called - says that despite his unfortunate namesake, he has no plans to take over the world.

Okay...  :huh:

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on December 03, 2020, 01:08:22 PM
QuoteA man named after Adolf Hitler has won a local election in Namibia - but insists he has no plans for world domination.

Uunona Adolf Hitler, 54, was elected as a local politician for the town of Ompundja, in the north of the country, with 85% of the vote.

However, Mr Uunona - as he prefers to be called - says that despite his unfortunate namesake, he has no plans to take over the world.

He went on to add that he only seeks living space for his people, who are so many, but confined within borders that are so small.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Fortunately the tiny population of Namibia has a large amount of lebensraum and very few Jews. I think we are safe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2020, 02:29:20 AM

It's not like the church architect (or whoever) had both statues in front of him when they made the decision to make a second statue.  Once it was clear that the second statue would be even more distracting, it was too late.  Better to just pretend that it was what was planned all along than to try to argue for a third statue or admit that the first statue turns out to be acceptable after all.

Bureaucracy, man.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

It would have been much easier, and cheaper, to give the first statue a Spanish restoration.

Tonitrus

Nobody expects the Spanish restoration.

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on December 03, 2020, 03:38:26 PM
Quote from: Zanza on December 03, 2020, 01:08:22 PM

He went on to add that he only seeks living space for his people, who are so many, but confined within borders that are so small.

"In the news today, a very confused-looking group of Africans were caught on camera causing trouble for Polish border and customs officials ..."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius