Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on November 12, 2020, 05:03:38 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 12, 2020, 09:51:07 AM
2 out of 7?

You have a giant mansion, you don't have to stare at them all the time I figure. ;)
Every year we've been here, Emily has insisted on getting another one. :lol:  The newest one is the dining room Christmas tree.

This year she decided not to put up* the giant 15 footer, since it's so much effort and we won't be having a Christmas party due to COVID.

* translation: make me put up

:lol:

I am extremely jealous. I love all those xmas decoration pictures she puts up on FB.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

My goal is to have an xmas tree in every room of the new house. :)

Maybe not a full-sized one in every room, but... still.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote"Attention: Danger!" the sign reads.

I would have been lost with this.

DGuller

How much do children weigh? :unsure: Aren't you just asking for a back injury doing that?

Grey Fox

Under 7 years old, not a lot, 30-50 pounds.
Over 8 years old, it gets in back injury weight.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2020, 05:10:34 AM
Quote"Attention: Danger!" the sign reads.

I would have been lost with this.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2020, 05:05:51 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/french-school-asks-parents-to-stop-throwing-children-over-the-fence-when-theyre-late/X7TDOUVG65A3IQ3G3GMB75U7WI/

'French school asks parents to stop throwing children over the fence when they're late'

The school backtracked, given the huge unwanted publicity they got.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/provence-alpes-cote-d-azur/vaucluse/avignon/avignon-ecole-interdit-aux-parents-lancer-enfants-dessus-portail-1893302.html

QuoteCette décision, qui avait été notifiée sur une affiche à l'entrée de l'école, a été largement commentée sur les réseaux sociaux et entre parents d'élèves. Mais la direction de l'école a décidé de revenir en arrière et a enlevé mardi son avertissement.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2020, 08:08:35 AM
How much do children weigh? :unsure: Aren't you just asking for a back injury doing that?

you need to hit the gym - well not right now...

Razgovory

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 13, 2020, 09:02:47 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2020, 05:05:51 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/french-school-asks-parents-to-stop-throwing-children-over-the-fence-when-theyre-late/X7TDOUVG65A3IQ3G3GMB75U7WI/

'French school asks parents to stop throwing children over the fence when they're late'

The school backtracked, given the huge unwanted publicity they got.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/provence-alpes-cote-d-azur/vaucluse/avignon/avignon-ecole-interdit-aux-parents-lancer-enfants-dessus-portail-1893302.html

QuoteCette décision, qui avait été notifiée sur une affiche à l'entrée de l'école, a été largement commentée sur les réseaux sociaux et entre parents d'élèves. Mais la direction de l'école a décidé de revenir en arrière et a enlevé mardi son avertissement.

So you can  throw the kids over the fence now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

I prefer the phrase assist your child over the fence.

Sheilbh

As the John Lewis Christmas advert has arrived I'm considering the festive season open:
https://twitter.com/jlandpartners/status/1327144164933308416?s=20

I always joke and sneer about these adverts, but I actually quite like this one :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 13, 2020, 10:39:46 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2020, 08:08:35 AM

you need to hit the gym - well not right now...
They don't have any children in gyms around here, and some people give you funny looks when you ask about that.

Josquius

Incidentally I love how all the French words for throw are surprisingly bad ass (in text at least). Lancer! Jeter!
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Something positive from Tyr about french. Quick, every one buy a lottery ticket.