News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

48 days till Xmas.
Apparently the trend this year is to start an advent calendar today.
As an advent calendar for your real advent calendar.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I thought it was a lockdown advent calendar?
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Syt

My old home state of Schleswig-Holstein (often abbreviated SH) decided to launch an online platform for schools: "It's learning". The URL is .... well ...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Suddenly every kid is an English expert I imagine.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

"fuck" and "shit" are probably among the first English words every European kid learns.

Sheilbh

Not sure if true but seeing this story from privacy activists:
QuoteBREAKING: Austrian press reporting EU Council of Ministers have an 'almost complete' resolution on the table to ban end to end encryption on apps like @whatsapp
& @signalapp.

Which is bad news.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Why the F would they do that?

The Brain

Many terrorists send cat pics and gifs. Unacceptable. Their messages should be sinister and codewordy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I don't think it's an EU thing. Seems to be something where international collaboration is alive and well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/international-statement-end-to-end-encryption-and-public-safety

I expect idiotic statements by people who don't understand how this stuff works.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Damn had to have a family dog put to sleep this evening.  :(

I've got a large grave to dig tomorrow morning.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2020, 07:31:52 PM

So sorry to hear that - the grief from the death of a family pet is very real, and worse if you have to make the decision.

I've been there before, and the only comfort is to remember that you did your best to give them the best life you could, and to treasure the moments that you had with them,
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 07, 2020, 01:58:55 AM
Cheddar is a very easy cheese to look after and keeps well, in fact the older the better. Tragically this has led to its debasement  :( . The next time you are in the UK we must arrange a cheese tasting session; I will bring some of the cheddars available from my local supermarket. They are fantastic, they are also 3 or 4 times the price of the industrial stuff of course, hence the problem.

Hi. :) I, too, would like to join this sojourn. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on November 08, 2020, 07:31:52 PM

I'm so sorry, mongers. :( That always hurts so much.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...