The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Saladin on June 23, 2020, 07:35:36 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 23, 2020, 05:25:12 AM
Quote from: Saladin on June 23, 2020, 12:41:15 AM
So I read his last post.... Yeah...

In seriousness though...I've met up with him in person a few months ago (pre-COVID mind) you.  He's moved, has a job, seems to be doing well.  Our ability to exchange obscure movie references was uncanny.  :)

Ah ok. Good to hear. :)

Do we have a list of posters that are M.I.A?

Almost every mod, to begin with.  :lol: I believe only Katmai is still around.

Saladin

Quote from: The Larch on June 23, 2020, 07:37:41 AM

In seriousness though...I've met up with him in person a few months ago (pre-COVID mind) you.  He's moved, has a job, seems to be doing well.  Our ability to exchange obscure movie references was uncanny.  :)

But that's... Anarchy!!!  :unsure:
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."

The Larch

Quote from: Saladin on June 23, 2020, 07:40:41 AM
Quote from: The Larch on June 23, 2020, 07:37:41 AM

But that's... Anarchy!!!  :unsure:

We haven't done that badly for the last year/couple of years or so.

Tamas

I think it's about 10 people posting regularly, two of those might be the same person, and maybe 3-4 others casually dropping by.

Savonarola

Today I learned that a "Pie chart" in French is called a "Camembert."

(I see Spanish is lame, gráfico circular.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

Quote from: Savonarola on June 23, 2020, 08:55:58 AM

We informally call it "quesito" (Spanish word for spreadable cheese wedges) too.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2020, 08:49:39 AM
I think it's about 10 people posting regularly, two of those might be the same person, and maybe 3-4 others casually dropping by.
What the fuck is your problem?

Savonarola

Quote from: celedhring on June 23, 2020, 08:59:14 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 23, 2020, 08:55:58 AM

We informally call it "quesito" (Spanish word for spreadable cheese wedges) too.

Gracias
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on June 23, 2020, 09:10:56 AM

Would you prefer that I lied? I think you are probably a different person than AR, but I can't make myself be certain about it. Twice since I care to pay attention now you have made a post which contextually should have come from AR, compared to zero in case of other posters. IIRC the only person who have ever met either of you in person is the other one, let alone meeting both of you.

Plus Dorsey has a history of sockpuppeting this forum on for years.

Hey, it's an Internet forum. We might just be the figments of each others' imagination, don't take it too hard.

PDH

I know Tamas is real because a bot couldn't suck that much at wargames.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on June 23, 2020, 09:47:14 AM

:showoff:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2020, 09:37:24 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 23, 2020, 09:10:56 AM

Would you prefer that I lied? I think you are probably a different person than AR, but I can't make myself be certain about it. Twice since I care to pay attention now you have made a post which contextually should have come from AR, compared to zero in case of other posters. IIRC the only person who have ever met either of you in person is the other one, let alone meeting both of you.

Plus Dorsey has a history of sockpuppeting this forum on for years.

Hey, it's an Internet forum. We might just be the figments of each others' imagination, don't take it too hard.

:rolleyes:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Ok, but how do we know he's Hungarian?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Saladin

:lol:
"You'd be better served taxing your conscience for those who deserve your regret."