News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

They celebrate weight?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maximus

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2020, 10:36:40 AM
IDK any mass religious stuff gives me the creeps a bit, independent of denominations.
Same, but me finding something creepy is not really relevant here. It was a decent move on Ikea's part.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maximus on May 26, 2020, 11:29:17 AM
IDK any mass religious stuff gives me the creeps a bit, independent of denominations.
Same, but me finding something creepy is not really relevant here. It was a decent move on Ikea's part.
Yeah - very nice gesture.

Edit: Though my favourite in the socially distanced religious practices genre is still Catholic priests with holy water pistols :)
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 26, 2020, 11:31:56 AM
Quote from: Maximus on May 26, 2020, 11:29:17 AM
Yeah - very nice gesture.

Edit: Though my favourite in the socially distanced religious practices genre is still Catholic priests with holy water pistols :)

celedhring

If the E-11 is an option I might give Catholicism a second thought (although if the priest gets too much in character I would fail to get baptised).

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 26, 2020, 11:39:54 AM

I think that's my favourite, but big fan of this priest who's really getting into it:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

It should be incorporated into any future vampire movie. It was already done in "From Dusk Till Dawn", after all.  :lol:

Sheilbh

"I kick arse for the Lord!" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on May 26, 2020, 11:54:32 AM
It should be incorporated into any future vampire movie. It was already done in "From Dusk Till Dawn", after all.  :lol:

Heck it was done in The Lost Boys a decade earlier!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on May 26, 2020, 12:20:02 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 26, 2020, 11:54:32 AM

Heck it was done in The Lost Boys a decade earlier!

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen The Lost Boys.  :o

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on May 26, 2020, 10:44:19 AM

What on earth is wrong with you?

Religions are bad.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on May 26, 2020, 10:46:12 AM

Muslims don't celebrate mass.
:yes:
They celebrate it as much as they organise pig fairs.

*seen on a comment section in lefigaro.fr about a new cluster in Frankfurt (am Main) by an evangelist baptist protestant sect, when the AFP journo called the religious service a mass*

So not lutherans, chillax Brain, just in case.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 26, 2020, 11:58:11 AM
"I kick arse for the Lord!" :lol:

That's John Carpenter's Vampires, right?  :P