News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

There's something very reassuring in knowing this is the contents of the Bishop of Manchester's bookshelves:

:lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2020, 06:38:10 AM
There's something very reassuring in knowing this is the contents of the Bishop of Manchester's bookshelves:

:lol:

Not really - what's he hiding behind those carefully arranged Wisdens?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

My assumption: more Wisdens :contract:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Hiding your books isn't cricket.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Anyone know aught about audio-stuff?

I've recently came into a am1000 mkii series pa amplifier.
Its effectively the same as this one:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rcf-am1000-mkii-series-public-address-1779389990

However, one thing I'm not getting.... just what do I do with this? There's no visible audio outputs anywhere on it, whether bare wires or cable inputs.

Any idea?
I already have an analogue amp (this one effectively https://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/pioneer-a-203-stereo-integrated-amplifier/15067733) that I use for my computer audio and that one has a clear place where you plug in the speakers.

I'm guessing this new machine is for a completely different purpose. But I'm not sure what or how it works without outputs.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Isn't under the left most cover?

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 25, 2020, 08:57:12 AM

No, on mine there's no cover but there's metal screws there with labels about power input and such. Not a standard place to screw speakers. That the pictures of one with a cover speak of electrical shock hazard too...
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on May 25, 2020, 12:18:47 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 25, 2020, 08:57:12 AM

No, on mine there's no cover but there's metal screws there with labels about power input and such. Not a standard place to screw speakers. That the pictures of one with a cover speak of electrical shock hazard too...

Well, don't do it underload then.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2020, 08:30:51 AM
My assumption: more Wisdens :contract:

Controversial theological tomes I suspect.........I do hope that heresy isn't taking hold in Manchester  :pope:

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2020, 02:32:21 AM
How do you expect to squeeze that melon head through that little tiny commander's hatch?

:thumbsup:  :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

IDK any mass religious stuff gives me the creeps a bit, independent of denominations.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2020, 10:36:40 AM
IDK any mass religious stuff gives me the creeps a bit, independent of denominations.

What on earth is wrong with you?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2020, 10:36:40 AM

Muslims don't celebrate mass.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.