News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 17, 2019, 05:59:32 PM
Looks like a Total War campaign map reject.

MP anyone? I call the the Celtic Union.

In a game wouldn't that be absolutely one of the worst to play with all of its isolated by sea provinces?

I'd agree with Habbaku assuming grey means out of the game. Baltica seems the best starting position.

Finisterre could be good too.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 17, 2019, 05:59:32 PM
Looks like a Total War campaign map reject.

MP anyone? I call the the Celtic Union.

Maybe it that was some kind of twenty-eight player diplomacy. Army Venice to Salzburg.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Army Venice to Trieste.  :sleep:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on July 17, 2019, 06:37:48 PM
Army Venice to Trieste.  :sleep:

In this version Venice and Trieste are in the same country though :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

"Balearic Coast"? Boooh.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 18, 2019, 12:39:30 AM
"Balearic Coast"? Boooh.

Finisterre for me is acceptable, but to have it extend to Valladolid feels extremely weird.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2019, 05:20:54 AM
"Balearic Coast"? Boooh.

Finisterre for me is acceptable, but to have it extend to Valladolid feels extremely weird.

Yeah, I'd rather have Asturias than Castilian heartland.  :P
Otherwise, it looks like Magna Lusitania. :D

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 18, 2019, 05:38:44 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2019, 05:20:54 AM
"Balearic Coast"? Boooh.

Yeah, I'd rather have Asturias than Castilian heartland.  :P
Otherwise, it looks like Magna Lusitania. :D

Yeah, I'd rather have Asturias + León on it rather than Valladolid, which is a much better fit in Castilla - Andalucía (another weird combination), same as Extremadura. Cádiz could be roped in too, as well as the Canaries, which would be a nice addition, but alas they're not on the map.

celedhring

Also they really missed a chance to revive the Crown of Aragon instead of taking all those French provinces which will all have the wrong culture.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 18, 2019, 06:40:00 AM
Also they really missed a chance to revive the Crown of Aragon instead of taking all those French provinces which will all have the wrong culture.

And Vasconia? The name alone is cringy, and that's not even taking into account its geography.  :P

FunkMonk

Which country has +1 stability and a +2 on diplomatic dice rolls as its inherent bonus, though?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Malthus

A mummified tangerine, found some years ago - in a winter coat pocket, from the previous winter. It dried out and mummified perfectly, it's hard as wood.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

I don't believe you. you just glowed a tangerine bellybutton (? don't know the right term lol) to a rock hah
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2019, 03:41:54 PM
I don't believe you. you just glowed a tangerine bellybutton (? don't know the right term lol) to a rock hah

"Glued"
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2019, 03:41:54 PM

Perhaps the word is "stem"?

Though I like the phrase "glowed a tangerine bellybutton". Sounds like something one would experience on LSD.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius