Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on February 05, 2018, 05:56:22 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 01:44:20 PM
What a bizarre world you live in.

:lol:  Any world that you are posting in is going to be bizarre, by definition.

Quoted for grumbler talking out of his posterior.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 05, 2018, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 09:27:34 AM
Rather a dunk-irk moment today, half of one dropped off, so I had to decide if it was worth committing more resources to rescue that nearly drowned half or give it up to the enemy?  :bowler:  :hmm:

Mind trying again in English?

Whoosh

I guess I could have made it real obvious, see edit.  :P

I still have no idea what half of one dropped off.  Half of one of your two brain cells?

mongers

Quote from: dps on February 05, 2018, 06:15:46 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 05, 2018, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 09:27:34 AM
Rather a dunk-irk moment today, half of one dropped off, so I had to decide if it was worth committing more resources to rescue that nearly drowned half or give it up to the enemy?  :bowler:  :hmm:

Mind trying again in English?

Whoosh

I guess I could have made it real obvious, see edit.  :P

I still have no idea what half of one dropped off.  Half of one of your two brain cells?

Don't you worry your pretty little head, just get back to chanting  'MAGA, MAGA, MAGA ...' and you'll feel fine in no time at all.  :)

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 06:14:02 PM

:lol:  Oh.  What.  A.  Burn.

First Rule of Holes, dude.  First Rule of Holes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on February 05, 2018, 06:35:04 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 06:14:02 PM

:lol:  Oh.  What.  A.  Burn.

First Rule of Holes, dude.  First Rule of Holes.

Grumbler stalks poster, because he doesn't get a throwaway joke. :hmm:

But do carry on, this is a superb display of grumblering, most amusing.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9MhGOSHasw

I've been binging "Caught in Providence."  Sweet 81 year old Italian American judge cracks jokes and writes off people's tickets.  I think the show is going to get syndicated.

I hunted down the clip with the cutie in it for y'all.

Eddie Teach

Mongers, would you mind elucidating what you lost half of?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

I took it to be a very labored poop joke.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on February 05, 2018, 08:19:18 PM
I took it to be a very labored poop joke.
Labored poop is no joke.  :(

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 05, 2018, 08:06:00 PM

It's a dilemma many English people have faced, you're dunking a biscuit in your afternoon tea and half of it breaks off,submerging into the cup, so do you then use another biscuit to try and rescue that soggy lost half, or do you give up be somewhat irked by the experience.   :bowler:

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 08:33:15 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 05, 2018, 08:06:00 PM

It's a dilemma many English people have faced, you're dunking a biscuit in your afternoon tea and half of it breaks off,submerging into the cup, so do you then use another biscuit to try and rescue that soggy lost half, or do you give up be somewhat irked by the experience.   :bowler:
Heh, that's not just and English habit - I've done that many times.  :)

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on February 05, 2018, 08:33:15 PM

:cheers:

Liep

SpaceX just launched a Tesla Roadster towards Mars playing Bowie on the stereo. Well played.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on February 06, 2018, 03:50:45 PM
SpaceX just launched a Tesla Roadster towards Mars playing Bowie on the stereo. Well played.

That seems awfully wasteful to me. Getting stuff outside of earth orbit is expensive. Couldn't they have sent a more valid probe up there?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on February 06, 2018, 04:14:27 PM
Quote from: Liep on February 06, 2018, 03:50:45 PM

That seems awfully wasteful to me. Getting stuff outside of earth orbit is expensive. Couldn't they have sent a more valid probe up there?

It was a test flight and Musk estimated it had a 50/50 chance of success, so no.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk