News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Thieves broke in The Canterbury Archeological Trust, leaving with hundreds of rare Anglo-Saxon and Norse material. :(
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 03, 2018, 01:06:08 AM
Thieves broke in The Canterbury Archeological Trust, leaving with hundreds of rare Anglo-Saxon and Norse material. :(

SCA?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on February 03, 2018, 06:25:03 AM

SCA?

Zombie vikings returning to raid England would be more likely.

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 03, 2018, 07:52:09 AM
Quote from: The Brain on February 03, 2018, 06:25:03 AM

SCA?

Zombie vikings returning to raid England would be more likely.

They cannot rest until their relics have been freed from the curse.  Indiana Jones to the rescue!  Those relics belong in a museum!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

:(

Josquius

Can't be the easiest thing to sell on.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on February 03, 2018, 01:14:16 PM
Can't be the easiest thing to sell on.

If it was opportunistic, probably not. But if it was done on behalf of someone interested in the objects and with money that wouldn't matter.

Savonarola

Yesterday in the United States was Groundhog's Day.  I learned VOA's Spanish Language podcast that it's El Día de la Marmota in Spanish.  ¡Viva la Marmota!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

Five Guys is opening their first branch in Barcelona  :mmm:

That and Jack-in-the-box were my favorite junk burger chains back when I lived in the US.

Eddie Teach

Jack in the Box? :thumbsdown: BK or Wendy's > JiB every time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Steak and Shake is best burger.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on February 04, 2018, 05:17:46 AM
Five Guys is opening their first branch in Barcelona  :mmm:

That and Jack-in-the-box were my favorite junk burger chains back when I lived in the US.
Do you have enough equity in your property to eat there? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Yeah, FG was a bit expensive for a fast burger joint, but I found it quite good. The unhealthily oily fries were a personal favorite.  :blush:

jimmy olsen

Internet is shit at my new apartment. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point