News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2017, 03:55:00 PM

[spoiler]Btw, the Sydney one says Sydney on it in English. And I got Vienna because of Syt's description previously about the old ring road. :)[/spoiler]

That's also how I immediately 'recognised it', thanks Syt.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

celedhring

I was lucky that they mostly chose cities I have visited [spoiler]or live in[/spoiler]. My two misses were from two of the three cities that I have never been in.

dps

Quote from: Maladict on December 19, 2017, 03:29:52 PM
10/10

I was sure the penultimate one was [spoiler]Lucca until I couldn't find the amphitheatre.[/spoiler]

That's the only one I missed, though a couple of them were just lucky guesses.  I knew that 9 wasn't [spoiler]Valetta[/spoiler], but I didn't know which of the other 2 it was and guessed wrong.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2017, 02:47:13 PM
I got the easy ones then ragequit.

This.  Like I know what East Bumfuck-upon-Avon looked like as imagined with stick figures in 1809.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2017, 06:47:54 PM

This.  Like I know what East Bumfuck-upon-Avon looked like as imagined with stick figures in 1809.

Hey, don't knock my manor.  :bowler:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2017, 06:47:54 PM

But they are basically all major cities. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2017, 10:55:04 PM

Yeah, OK.  Didn't grow up in a household with fucking tapestries of pre-Industrial Barcelona lying around.

Fucking map snobs.

Admiral Yi

Valletta, Lucca and Hiroshima are not major cities.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2017, 11:14:19 PM
Valletta, Lucca and Hiroshima are not major cities.

[spoiler]And none of those are correct answers.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2017, 11:06:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2017, 10:55:04 PM

Yeah, OK.  Didn't grow up in a household with fucking tapestries of pre-Industrial Barcelona lying around.

Fucking map snobs.

My mother told me that she didn't have time for my bullshit when I showed her that. :(

garbon

I'm off to Valletta in May.