News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2018, 03:55:51 PM
Just learned six NFL teams don't have cheerleaders.
One of those teams is the Browns.  Not much of a reason for them to have a cheerleading squad. :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

I am not sure why any teams still have cheerleaders.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 02, 2018, 04:07:53 PM

Why wouldn't they?  There's enough downtime during a football game between plays - when watching on TV you can have fancy graphics and talking heads, but when you're sitting in the stadium it's nice to have some kind of "show" to watch.

And cheerleaders don't need to inherently be sexist - some incorporate men into their "cheer team".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on January 02, 2018, 04:44:08 PM

Why wouldn't they?  There's enough downtime during a football game between plays - when watching on TV you can have fancy graphics and talking heads, but when you're sitting in the stadium it's nice to have some kind of "show" to watch.

And cheerleaders don't need to inherently be sexist - some incorporate men into their "cheer team".

Yeah you cannot do cheers in NFL stadiums anymore with all the blaring sound systems. They are holdovers from an ancient time when they could lead cheers and perform routines when you didn't have a million ads to blast the fans with on the jumbotron.

Please name me a NFL time that uses male cheerleaders.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

You look to see where the cheerleaders are between plays?

derspiess

:lmfao:

I'd sooner seen NFL cheerleaders go away than have men out there.  It's not like most of the cheerleaders are that attractive up close anyway.  Dallas and Denver cheerleaders are, but the rest-- not so much.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on January 02, 2018, 04:50:22 PM
Yeah you cannot do cheers in NFL stadiums anymore with all the blaring sound systems. They are holdovers from an ancient time when they could lead cheers and perform routines when you didn't have a million ads to blast the fans with on the jumbotron.

Yep, the scoreboard leads the cheers now.  Or the fans do them spontaneously on their own.  Or like in Cincinnati they just sit there quietly even when their team is still in the game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on January 02, 2018, 05:02:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 02, 2018, 04:50:22 PM

Yep, the scoreboard leads the cheers now.  Or the fans do them spontaneously on their own.  Or like in Cincinnati they just sit there quietly even when their team is still in the game.

And most stadiums show the replay of the last play.  I am not sure why BB feels the need to fill time between plays.  Watching who is being brought in or out of the game, looking at the replay, and talking to the people I am at the game with seem to take up most of my time.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on January 02, 2018, 03:39:51 PM
New Jersey still doesn't trust people to pump their own gas.  Apparently gasoline is more explosive there, or everyone smokes and refuses to put their cigarettes out while pumping, or something.
In my experience, New Jersey residents are indeed utterly incompetent at pumping their own gas.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on January 02, 2018, 06:28:33 PM
New Jersey still doesn't trust people to pump their own gas.  Apparently gasoline is more explosive there, or everyone smokes and refuses to put their cigarettes out while pumping, or something.
In my experience, New Jersey residents are indeed utterly incompetent at pumping their own gas.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PRC

derspiess

It does take good aim to get most of if in the tank.

Eddie Teach

If you've ever wondered why there's always spillage residue on the ground, there you go.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: PRC on January 03, 2018, 09:24:26 AM

Someone thought it would be a good idea to take the time to pull out their phone and take the picture rather than immediately stopping her?

HVC

have you ever tried to confront a woman from new jersey? it doesn't end well. and she has a flammable liquid!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.