News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on September 07, 2017, 09:03:22 AM
Who's the leading Nazi lady? I'm asking for a friend.

Jayda somethingorother.
Not hot.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on September 07, 2017, 08:57:35 AM
Apparently we are about to enter a new spin of the cycle of British fascism, Britain First is turning on itself.
Why?
One of its leaders has had a rough break up with his Polish girlfriend.

Serves him right, for sullying his Aryan bed with a filthy Slav.

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Minsky Moment

One of its leaders has had a rough break up with his Polish girlfriend. He has a small penis.
Another prominent figure then went and slept with this Polish woman.

Invasions of Poland historically have been the downfall of fascism.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 07, 2017, 09:58:14 AM
One of its leaders has had a rough break up with his Polish girlfriend. He has a small penis.
Another prominent figure then went and slept with this Polish woman.

Invasions of Poland historically have been the downfall of fascism.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on September 07, 2017, 09:08:53 AM
Apparently we are about to enter a new spin of the cycle of British fascism, Britain First is turning on itself.
Why?
One of its leaders has had a rough break up with his Polish girlfriend.

Serves him right, for sullying his Aryan bed with a filthy Slav.

:P

I know right.
It's like a mosque falling apart over a bacon sandwich.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2017, 09:04:51 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 07, 2017, 05:16:43 AM
I have often thought of France as a giant city-state.  Britain as well to a lesser degree.  I'd be interested in seeing a similar graph with China, India and Brazil.

A gigantic City State? I mean sure it is 15% of the economy but that still leaves 85% for everybody else :P

The dynamics are similar for both countries. London traditionally had more of Britain's population by percentage than Paris did in France but de-industrialization and the decline of agriculture have only made them bigger in their countries not less. It is like if Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC were combined into one gigantic political, financial, and cultural powerhouse city over here. If London is 'less so' it is only by a degree or so.

I think it's the result of heavy centralization and geography.  So much of France is rural, there is good farmland and plenty of nice places to live..  The UK is more urban, so much of the countryside is rocky and cold.  I don't think France has any cities besides Paris with more than a million people (not counting the Metro areas).  I believe the UK has a few.  Still for for both countries there's the City and the Country. 

The metropolitan population of Paris is 12 million people and for London 13.5 million.  Both countries have a population of around 65 million people so that's an enormous hunk of the population.  Washington's Metro area is about 2.5 million.  20 million for the Metro area of New York, 13 million for LA. And that's out of population of 320 million.  I suppose this is simply the result of the different ideas of government.  Centralism vs Federalism.  Not that centralism and federalism will always result in such population distribution:  Canada has a federal system and 40% of the population lives in Ontario.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Traffic was better in the olden days.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Is that the new Antifa flag?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

derspiess

Tonitrus

derspiess